Chapter - 18: You are something, something else...

Start from the beginning

Damn!

You are doing the same mistakes girl! Remember your match with Sidharth? Stop considering outsides like that and hit! Bloody well HIT!

The game moved on with us finally staying on a tie. So it meant, only one point decides our future! We both move across the court to hit our shots trying not to lose this one.

I hit a high shot and my ankle twists when I land on my feet, immediately making me fall down clutching it in pain.

Ouch!

Just great! This was the only thing missing right now!

I look up at my opponent to see his smirk widening as he hits a high shot again. I just look at the shuttle moving in slow motion towards my right...

Wow! Am I going to lose just like that?

I hear cheering, hooting and a lot of noise from the audience. I just tend to look up at them and instantly my eyes met the dark brown ones looking at me with concern. As soon as we have an eye contact, he straightens and gives me a slightest of nods.

Smash!! Oh shit how did I forget that!!

My eyes reflect confidence again and I look up at the shuttle still coming down in slow motion.

Oh yeah? Let's see if you still are able to touch the ground like that!

I slam my left palm on the ground and push myself directly in the direction of the shuttle and I hit a hard smash.

Immediately the audience goes silent and then grows up with full force when he isn't able to hit back.

I stumble a little as my ankle doesn't help me stand straight and lean on my racket's holding end by the ground to slowly jerk my leg, once then twice. Knowing I could finally stand on my foot without stumbling I smile up at my opponent first then the referee who came by my side.

"You alright, Shetty?"

"Perfectly!" I grin.

Walking over, I meet my opponent at the judges' desk and we shake hands, the judges honor me with a gold medal and the crowd cheers once again. I bow expressing my thanks to the audience.

As soon as I was back in the locker room with Shakti Sir and his compliments, the door bursts open and Sidharth stalked his way in towards me.

As soon as he stood in front of me, his arms were around me. Not even giving me a chance to glance at him!

"Are you okay?" He whispered breathlessly.

I nodded in his comfort "100% okay Sidharth."

He pulled back to hold me by shoulders, eyes roaming down to my ankles he glared at them first then sighed. Trailing back up, his eyes stopped at my medal then a grin threatened to split his face as he shook me  "Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!"

He then pulled me again for another hug. I giggled like a school-girl in his arms until we were interrupted by a cough.

We get separated shyly looking at my coach, who had a smile on his face.