20. No More Tears

Ermahgerd I cannot belive I am up to chapter 20! It's insane, cause like there is now probably less chapters to go than have been! D;

Enjoy chapter 20!

I rubbed my eyes, and looked up to see the rooftop of a pavillion. It was very beautiful, and was golden brown with vines along the top. I realised that I must be in Thranduil's Halls, and then I remembered the party last night.

It had only been about 10.00 am when I had gone to bed, although I don't think I need sleep, I like to because of the way I am. I also sleep with my eyes closed, which, according to Eowanna, isn't the norm for elves.

"We don't need to sleep, so we keep lookout even when we sleep."

She had said. I think it's slightly creepy, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Last night, well, more like last night and morning, was really fun, I got to go to a dance with Legolas, won a drinking game and hung out with my friends. I looked at the stone clock on the wall, and saw that it read 3.00pm. I sighed. I had slept for nearly 5 hours, and probably wouldn't be able to sleep tonight.

Oh well.

I swung my legs out of bed, and saw that I was still wearing my clothes from last night. Having no idea which part of the Halls I was in, I decided to try and find Legolas. I felt the butterflies return again, and this time, I didn't tell them to go away. Instead, I marvelled at the fact that Legolas liked me, even thought he didn't explicitly say.

I knew he liked me, and I like him. I didn't care that he was a Prince, because to me, he was a super fun and cool ellon that didn't treat me like a helpless and weak elleth.

The Halls where very quite, eerily so, and I wandered around as silently as I could. Luckily, I was an elf so I had a very light foot fall, but all the same, I still seemed to make a lot of noise. I could hear talking, and I stopped.

It was very faint, and it sounded like two people. One of them sounded like an ellon, the other, an elleth. I followed the sound of the voices, until I was running at full pace to try and find who it was. The voices would occassionaly cut off, so I wondered if it was maybe a secret conversation.

I stopped, as I realized whoever it was, was in the room I was stood next to. The voiced where muffled slightly, so I couldn't make out who it was, but I knew there where two people. I listened for a while longer, until I gently pushed the door open.

I peeped around the door and came into a bedroom, that looked very posh, with a gold and silver decorations on the roof, and a magnificent wooded floow, polished and dusted.

I looked at the bed, and my heart seemed to miss quite a few beats. I saw long red hair, and I woman sat up facing the door, her eyes round and huge. The had a cover pulled over her naked body, and all I could do was stand there in pure shock.

"Sorry, um I should've knocked...." I trailed off, trying to get my legs to move, but they where glued to the floor. She continued to stare at me, and nudged the person next to her. He stirred slightly, before sitting up.

"What is it Tau-!" He finished, as he saw me. I felt like I'd been stabbed with a dagger through the heart. A dagger that was poisened. Legolas' bonde hair fell over his shoulders, as he saw up next to the girl, his bare chest out.

I felt like screaming, but I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. All I could do was open and close my mouth in pure horror and hatred. How could he?

He shifted awkwardly, before speaking.

"Erynriel! How was your sleep?" He asked, before I did the only thing I could think of doing. It wasn't the most sensible thing to do, but I felt I had to do it.

I strode over to him, and drew my hand back to slap him, before he covered his face, and spoke quickly.

"Wait, let me intriduce Tau-!" He said, as I slowly withdrew my hand, and gazed absently at the red haired naked woman next to him. She nodded awkwardly, but I just glared at Legolas.

"She is my partner." He trailed off, before I felt that everything he had done for me, everythiing wr had done, was just a cover up for her. I fought to hold back the tears, as I knew that he wasn't worth the tears.

SLAP

I left the room, ignoring the large red mark on Legolas' face, and the shouts of protest from the girl, but I knew who she was, and slammed the door shut. She was Tauriel, the girl he talked about being head of the gaurd. Why was I so blind?

I knew that Legolas didn't flinch when I slapped him, and I didn't care. I ran down the halls, and fled into my room, before locking the door, and falling onto my bed, letting the tears flow down my face. How could he not tell me he had a girlfirend? How could he let me belive that he loved me, but not really.

I cried for ages, before finally curling up into a ball, all the tears now shed, too tired to cry anymore. I felt a wall build up in my heart, a wall that had been broken, but now, could never be destroyed. I could no longer love him.

I slowly, got up, and sat on my bed now. He isn't worth it. I shall never love anyone again, and I shall never forget what my brother had said, that I was to be strong. Now, I am going to be. I am going to be stong, but not with Legolas. I am done with ellons.

I am a warrior, and I am going to Helms Deep, to fight for Middle-Earth. I felt a tear about to spill from my eyes, and I angrily whipped it away.

No more tears. Not over him.

***

The elleth in this is NOT Tauriel, I repeat, NOT Tauriel! 

Oh my Valar I am so sorry, please don't hate me for what I've done! D;

I know it's awful, but it had to be done, so that the story can continue...

Anyways,

Legolas and this girl have sort of been going out for a while, but it's more the fact that Thranduil wants Legolas to find an heir, and the fact that they've been friends for like forever.

Also, I do NOT hate Tauriel, actually, she's one of my favourite characters from the Hobbit and I think she's fantastic, but it just happens that she's Legolas' lover.

So,

Comment what you think, was Legolas deserving of what he got? No? Yes?

~Am x