48. I do

Can I just say guys that this book has been going for a year now?!

And it was a year and two days ago that I did the Valentine's Day special "Lady Of Lothlorién" :3 Just thought I'd share this with you guys and thank you all for reading!

Oh, and I still haven't got a Valentine one year on, single pringle baby!

Enjoy!
***
Today was the day, and I feel like my insides are going to fall out. I am getting married today. TODAY! My heart fluttered like a butterfly underneath my ribcage.

I sat in a chair, my hair being styled by Eowanna, as she carefully curled and plaited certain parts, and tied other parts up, all the while making it look easy. My Maethorhest stood with me, watching me and smiling through the mirror at me.

After all I'd been through, all that had happened in my life, I was getting married to my true love, Legolas of Mirkwood. Eowanna's hands carefully did my hair, as she tied it into a bun, with curls falling down by the side of my face.

Carefully, she entwined blue and pink flower into my hair, and secured it with pins. She stepped back, and smiled as she looked proud.

"Okay, you're ready." She says, as I look at myself in the mirror, and smile. I'm not really sure why I've smiled, but it seems right.

I turn to Maethorhest, and give her a massive grin.

"Did you ever think that when I first came here, the girl who insulted Thranduil's 'friend', that I would become his daughter in-law?" I say, and Maethorhest just shakes her head.

"I'll be honest, it wouldn't have crossed my mind." She said, a teasing edge to her tone.

"I love you guys so much!" I said, as we all embraced in a group hug, and I felt their warm bodies besides mine, and I realised that my new life as a true princess was about to begin.

The next step on my adventure.

I remembered what Legolas had said to me last night, when we were lying in bed looking at each other, his arms wrapped around me.

He had said;

"Erynriel, you have made me so happy, I cannot thank you enough, and in one day I will make my promises to you. But let it be known that whatever happens to us in the future, I will always love you."

The words had touched me deep inside, and I remembered what my father had said to me, about going outside in one day.

In one day, I promise you can go outside.

I smiled.

I know you changed, father. But I hope that the father I once had would have been proud of me.

"Ma'am, are you ready?" I saw Arwen poke her head around the door, as I let go of Maethorhest and Eowanna, and gathered my dress and walked over quickly towards the door.

My heart sped up now, as everyone fussed around to get the veil on, and attach the train to my crown as I took ahold of my bouquet, a lovely collection of blue and white flowers.

As I gathered myself, I focused on my breathing, as the veil fell over my face, and down to my waist. The train was very long, but looked beautiful and shimmered in the light.

"Are you ready?" Maethorhest whispered, and I gulped.

"I am, but I'm scared aswell." I said honestly.

She was about to reply when the door opened slightly, and in came Riz of all people. My brother.

He came over, and I hugged him tightly, without hesitation.

"Erynriel, may I have the honour of walking you down the aisle in mums place?" He said, and I gulped down my tears and nodded, as he linked arms with mine.

"Okay, ready?" Eowanna directed, and we all nodded, as the doors opened and the elegant music began.

*
I stood in the Elenath besides Legolas, as the Elf conducting the marriage started to speak. I was concentrating on breathing, as I felt Legolas tapping my thoughts.

Erynriel, you look beautiful.

Thank you, you look very handsome.

Are you nervous?

Yes, of course. But I'm ready, and I am so excited for our life together Legolas.

I see a smile pull up the corners of him mouths, as we both listen to what the elf is saying.

"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Lady Erynriel and Prince Legolas. If anyone objects to the betrothal of them please say so now or forever as long as they shall live hold your peace."

"May you have the blessing of the Valar upon your marriage and may they look down on you today and witness this ceremony." He turns to Legolas.

"Do you take Lady Erynriel to be your lawfully wedded bride?" He says, and Legolas looks me deep in the eyes. I can see he is nervous aswell, and I feel my heart swell.

"I do." He says, and I hear a very slight quiver to his voice.

"Then repeat after me; I, Legolas Thranduilion, promise to protect Lady Erynriel forever more, even when we have passed in the care of the Valar-"

"I, Legolas Thranduilion, promise to protect Lady Erynriel forever more, even when we have passed in the care of the Valar-" he chokes on the last words, and I hear a slightly ripple amongst the audience, as his eyes flicker over mine.

"- And though the good and the bad I promise to stand by her side, trust her, and let her be free of evil and mistreatment." He says, and Legolas reapeats.

Then, the official turns to me, and I gulp down and restist the urge to twirl my hair around my fingers.

Just a few words. That's all it is.

"And do you, Lady Erynriel, take Prince Legolas Thranduilion to be your lawfully wedding husband?"

"I do." I say with confidence, even though my voice feels brittle.

"Then repeat after me; I, Lady Erynriel, promise to protect Prince Legolas forever more, even when we have passed in the care of the Valar and though the good and the bad I promise to stand by his side, trust him and let him be free of evil and mistreatment." He says, to which I repeat.

My voice nearly cracks, as I finish the vows, and Legolas grins broadly at me.

"Then under the light of the Elenath, take these rings that bind you together, let them be a token of you undying love and care for each other." He says, as Legolas slips the silver ring on my finger.

His hands don't shake, and his touch is warm against mine. I do the same, careful to pick the ring up with delicate hands, as I slide it onto his finger.

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife, Prince and Princess of Mirkwood. You may kiss the bride."

I raise my head as Legolas lifts up my veil, and leans down as our lips meet.

My friends and family erupt into cheering, as everyone starts to clap.

Legolas keeps kissing me until I break away, and look into his eyes. He smiles an ear to ear smile, and I giggle.

"What next, my wife?" He says, emphasising the 'wife' part. I giggle again, and lightly kiss his cheek.

"Now we begin the whole story again. Only, we now have each other."

***
*Throws hat into the air* They're husband and wife now! After 47 chapters finally they are married!!!

For the wedding ceremony, I just used a generic sort of setting, with someone to wed them and vows and shizzle, but I made up suitable Elven vows.

This is not the end, there is still a little more excitement to come XD

Please Comment what you thought about the chapter, and remember to vote too, I'll love you foreverrrr *cute puppy dog eyes*

~Am xx