Finally talking

Chapter one

~Ashley's P.O.V.~

I put on my make up, clothes, shoes, and did my hair. I then went to school.

~~

Everyone came around me and started talking. They make me laugh so much.

I walked into class as I sat down next to my friends. "Ashley, that's not where you sit"

"I don't see anyone else sitting here" I said, as the teacher gave me a death glare.

"Excuse you? Get out of my classroom" he said, pointing outside

I laughed "its better than being in here, peace losers" I said, as everyone laughed. They all "oooed" me, as I walked out. I flipped my hair.

~~

After school I went to go work. I work at a bowling alley. Sassy but classy. I gave the people their shoes and their alley. They thanked me and walked away.

"Did you hear?" My friend, Casey asked me. I shook my head, "hear what?" I asked.

"There's a new guy, apparently he goes to your school" she said, as I was washing off the counters. I looked at him, Jake. He's cool. We don't talk much, but he's one of those popular football guys. He's kind of hot to be honest.

"Oh, that's Jake" I said.

"He's hot" she said. She bit her lip and winked at him. I laughed.

"Go talk to him, mami" she laughed. She shook her head as she walked away.

"Hey, Jake right?" I went up to him, asking.

"Hey, Ashely?" He said, but more like asked. He had perfect eyes and a perfect smile.

"Yeah, so you do know me" I said, as we both laughed

"How do I not? You're one of the most popular girls in our grade" he said

"What brings you here?" I asked, completely ignoring his statement.

"I live here?"

"I mean, what brings you to work here?"

"Quit my other job, this job pays more" he said, as I laughed, nodding my head.

"Ashley!" My boss called. I quickly looked back at Jake

"Looks like I got to go, talk to you later?" He nodded his head. I quickly left.

"We need you to clean the alleys tonight" she said. Why am I always the one to do it? Ugh.

"Okay" I said, smiling a fake smile.

~~

When my shift was over, it was already 7 pm. Jake got off too. So we started talking a bit.

"You headed home?" He asked, putting away his outfit, as we headed out the door.

"Nah, I'm going to go out for a run. Running keeps me going. In fact, i used to be in track, since I was five to fifteen until things happened.." I said, not wanting to talk about how my mom died and my dad left.

"What happened?" he asked, looking at me.

"It's nothing. You going home?" I asked. We kept walking, I had a small backpack to hold my stuff.

"No, I always go home around eleven." He said, as I nodded, smiling. Looks like he has some problems too.

"Want to go for a run with me?" I asked. We stopped walking.

"Beat you to the park?" he asked, as I nodded. The park is at least two miles away. It's going to be a long run.

We kept looking at each other running, as we laughed. My heart beating fast, wanting to win this race.

~~

When we got there, I beat him. He stopped for awhile though. Which is why I started laughing at him when we got to the park.

"I beat you! Ha!" I started laughing

"You only won because I thought I saw a dollar!"

"You liar!" We both laughed.

"Yeah whatever, want to play basketball?" He asked.

"Thought you were more into football?"

"I quit. I don't have time. I just play basketball at night" he said

"Oh, interesting." I said, as he nodded. "I'm down" i said, as we got a basketball and started shooting hoops. We were going from 3 pointers, but those were too easy, so we went to half court. Now that's hard! Mine hit the rim, but his made it in. I rolled my eyes.

"Think fast!" He said quickly, as he threw the basketball at me, I caught it real fast. "Nice" he said, laughing. I laughed too.

~~

After we played basketball and hung out till ten thirty, we went to go get food. We sat down at in n out, as we got our burgers and French fries.

"Today was fun" he said, as I nodded.

"Really fun"

"Hey Ashley!" These girls said, as I waved. "Hey, Jake! You guys finally talk, huh?" One of them asked.

"Eh." Jake said, we both laughed, and I hit his leg under the table with my leg. He winced in pain, as we laughed. They laughed and walked away.

"Jake! Sup bro! You were supposed to meet us earlier at the gym, where were you?" His football buddies said. Jake shrugged. "Oh, don't tell me, you were hanging with this chick?"

"Excuse you?" I asked

"Oh, no, that was a compliment. You're hot, like damn. Because I would skip my friends for you too" he said, as they all gave each other High fives. Jake looked down, laughing.

"Sorry man, I'll see you guys later though?" they all nodded, and went to a different table.

"Whoa" I said, sighing.

"Umm.. I'll be back, I need to use the restroom!" He said, getting up. One of his friends named Brady, came up to me. He pulled up a chair.

"Hey babe" he said, sitting next to me.

"Uh.. don't call me that." I said.

"Why not? It fits you." He said, as he started kissing me. I pulled him away, in disgust. But he wouldn't stop.

"Stop!" I screamed, as everyone stared.. I looked at the ground, embarrassed.

"You're disgusting, whore" he said, getting up, leaving.

"Hey, tell Jake I'll meet up with him later. I'm leaving" I said, leaving $20 for it, and I quickly left before they could say anything. I started running home.

~~

~Author's P.O.V.~

Not that great, but it's something!