FOUR; SUPERHUMAN TENDENCIES

HE LOOKED AT ME as if I could easily shatter into a million pieces. I'm not that fragile.

"Where did you go?"

"Myself and Edward left town for a couple of days" he continued to take notes while he spoke.

"Why?"

"Personal reasons"

I nodded. Still trying my very hardest to hold an attitude against him, he wasn't being truthful.

"How are you finding the assignment?" He put his pen down and turned fully to me. Just my luck that this whole lesson was about self study.

I lied, "I'm finding it okay, just got a little bit left to finish. What about you? You've hardly been here"

He looked at the ground and smiled. "I know something's about the Civil War, I'm originally from Texas and it's pretty big back there"

Obviously he knew about it, he looks even cleverer than he speaks. "Right"

Should I ask him to tutor me? Or was it going to be a bad idea. Perhaps he would invite me to his house and we'd kiss and fall in love, or perhaps him and his weird family would kill me and cut me into a million pieces. Only time will tell.

The bell rang and I grabbed my books, it was the end of the day and Bella was waiting for me next to my locker. "Good day?"

I smiled and put the books in. "Pretty good, actually"

We walked out of the school, the Cullen's were hanging around Edwards car. Jasper sent a wave my way whilst Edward looked at Bella like she was a meal. How romantic.

Bella climbed inside the truck when I noticed that one of the back tires looked a little flat. "Two seconds" she nodded in response.

I pushed it down, sure enough it was alright. As I was turning the handle to the trucks door, my foot slipped out from underneath me and I hurtled towards the cold hard ground.

However, I was met with cold hard arms.

My squinted eyes opened and were met with the warm amber fire of Jasper Hale. My first thought was complete embarrassment as he helped me stand up straight and chuckled. And then it went to confusion. "Oh my god this is so embarrassing - thanks for not letting me fall", looking back at his family who all stood in place about 10 yards from here, it only made me wonder, how did he get here so fast? "How did you—"

"Shh, you're fine, that's what matters" squeezing my shoulder, he hopped over the bonnet of the car and jogged back to his family.

I stood there for a minute before Bella banging on the car window dragged me from my thoughts. "Tyre okay??"

Tyre. Yes. I nodded and clambered back into the drivers seat. "Did you just see that?"

She shook her head. "See what? You standing there for ages staring into space...yes, yes I did"

"No" I turned the key, "Jasper stopped me from falling over. I slipped on ice and he was there so fast. Not even near me beforehand. And then there the next second"

Pulling a face, she scoffed. "Unfortunately not, however if you do manage to fall again, please let me know so I can hold it against you"

Pulling out of the school parking lot, I looked over at Jasper, who seemed to be having a stern word with his sister. Muttering under my breath, I spoke. "He wasn't even near me, not one bit"

❀❀❀❀

𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮

Oooooh what do you think? Please let me know any theories! It's so interesting to hear. As always, if you ever want to speak about anything please let me know!

Love to all x