TWO; PERFECT AND PORCELAIN

WE SPAN ROUND THE CORNER into the school grounds. "Would you slow down please?" Bella clutched into the dash for dear life.

"Cmon Bells, I'm a great driver" I laughed and 'carefully' parked alongside a Volvo C30.

She hopped out and grabbed her schoolbag, taking out her iPod and plugging an earphone in. I hurried after her, ignoring the stares from the other students.

"Nice ride" a dark-skinned boy looked me up and down before he gasped, "Scarlett Swan? Man I thought you died or something"

I drew a sickly smile in his direction. "Nope, still here" I paused from walking. "And still talking to you, unfortunately" before walking away.

I vaguely remembered the boy, we used to go to elementary together and I think that his name was Tyler. We weren't necessarily enemies but just not exactly the most fond of each other.

We walked down the busy hallways staring at our new schedule. "What do you have today?"

Bella studied hers before replying. "Gym, Maths, English, Biology and a study" she looked at mine. "What about you?"

"Study, Maths, English, History and Art" I huffed.

She nodded as the first bell sounded. "See you at lunch"

"Please don't kill anyone in Gym" Bella was one of the most clumsiest people I know and surely she'd injure someone.

Room 324 - study. I passed the numerous doors on the third floor. 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324. I turned the handle and walked inside, sitting at the desk closest to the wall.

My 'studying', which consisted of staring at the wall, was interrupted when someone sat down next to me. "Your the new girl?"

I turned and was met with an Asian boy, he looked quite eager to talk to me. I nodded and pressed my lips into a firm line. "Is it obvious?"

He laughed. "We don't ever get new people here, I met your sister this morning. I'm Eric"

I shook his outstretched hand. "Scarlett"

"I kind of interrogated your sister this morning, probably scared her a little bit if I'm being completely honest"

I laughed "it's fine, honestly. It's nice to see new faces"

"So - you we're home schooled before?" He leaned into the conversation a little more.

Sighing, and silently hoping he would leave me alone, I told him about the reservation and Jake, and all of the amazing friends who I'd met over there, we were like a huge family.

He cut me off - "He's your boyfriend?"

Scoffing, I shook my head. "Me and Jacob have always been really good friends, nothing more"

The bell rang, making us both jump and chuckle. "I'll see you around" he waved and left.

Lunch came around pretty quickly. I was ushered over to a table by Eric, this was where he usually sat. Bella was already there, looking really flustered.