ONE; FORKS

SCARLETT SWAN HAD ALWAYS been a bit of a tomboy in disguise. It didn't help much that she attended school on the reservation, hung around with guys and helped Jacob Black fix his motorcycle in her spare time. Her dad, Charlie Swan, had recently told her that her distant sister, Bella, would be coming to live with them for a little while. This meaning that Scarlett had to transfer schools and attend Forks High School in an attempt to stable her and Bella's breaking relationship.

"Dad, you ready?" I shrugged my brown leather jacket onto my slender shoulders and bounced down the stairs towards Charlie. Today was the day that Bella was coming to live with us, I was a tad over excited.

Charlie leant on the counter and huffed. "You sure your alright with this? I mean it's only been you and me, and I'm making you move schools-"

I cut him off, gently pulling him into a hug. "-Dad, it's totally fine. I'm glad that Bella is coming around, we can finally reestablish the whole 'sister-bond' thing" I was partly telling the truth, but all in all glad something was changing around here, hopefully for the better.

Charlie chuckled in response and checked his watch. "We better get going, don't want to be late" I nodded, chucking his keys to him and walking out the house.

The car ride was fairly quiet, I pondered on the thoughts of having a permanent sister, the changes taking place around the house, starting a new school tomorrow, not seeing Jake as much.

Around 10 minutes later, we pulled into the local airport and got out of the car. Bella's flight had landed 15 minutes ago and she should already be at baggage claim.

We stealthily stood near a pillar, just in view of the long line of baggage claim. I obviously spotted Bella first, she was struggling to lift her small bag off the conveyor belt.

I pointed to her and took off, laughing. "Here, lemme help you with that"

Bella ran a hand through her hair. "Really, you don't have to-" she looked up at me and gaped. "Scarlett?"

I laughed and brushed metaphorical dust off my shoulder. "The one and only" and pulled Bella into a tight hug, dad grabbed Bella's bags and smiled at us.

Grabbing Bella's hand, I ushered them out of the small airport. "Cmon, this is so exciting" However Bella did not seem that enthused, gently placing herself inside Charlie's police cruiser and not speaking the whole ride into Forks.

"Your hairs gotten longer" Charlie commented, looking into the back mirror at Bella.

"I cut it since the last time I saw you" she twisted the ends of her plain brown hair and shook her head. This was getting painfully awkward.

"Alrighty" I wiped my clammy hands on my ripped jeans. "Dad cleared a shelf in the bathroom for you, if that consolidates anything?"

"Oh right" Bella shook her head. "Only one bathroom"

The trees whizzed by as we pulled into the small house that was the Swan residence, home. We all got out the car and stalked into the house.

"Scarlett helped pick some of your room stuff. You like purple right?"

"Purples cool" she shrugged. I coughed in frustration, she didn't even realise how much time and effort I put into making Bella's room look extra special.

"Lemme show you" I took her hand, hoping to surge some excitement into the pale girl, also grabbing her suitcase and bumping it up the stairs, taking her into a small room that we converted from the utility room.

She looked around and sat down on the bed. "Thank you, it's great"

I clicked my fingers and edged towards the door frame. "Well, I'll let you get settled in, I'm just down the hall if you need anything. Dinners at 5.30" Bella nodded and I shut the door behind me, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Thanking the heavens that it actually went well, I collapsed into my bed. It was relaxing, until the familiar sound of Jacobs hearty laugh drifted through the open window, causing me to shoot up and thunder downstairs.

"Scar!" Jacob laughed when he saw me.

"Jake!" I mocked and leant in, putting a hand over my mouth, whispering to him. "She's here"

He touched his nose, knowingly and motioned behind me, towards the door where Bella was standing. I paused, smiled and beckoned her over. "Bella, this is Jacob Black, my absolute bestest friend in the whole entire universe"

"Hey"

"Hey"

Well if that doesn't scream uncomfortable I don't know what will. I turned back to Jacob, wondering why he was here so late in the afternoon. "Well then, what seems to bring you here?"

Charlie took that as his cue and patted the orange truck parked in the driveway. "This is your graduation present, girls"

I swear my eyes nearly popped out of my head. "What?! Seriously no way, thankyou thankyou!!" I ran over to dad and tackled him into a hug.

"Wow, thanks Charlie" Bella was obviously not as enthusiastic, but appreciative all the same.

Jacob walked over to the front of the truck, popping the hood. "I totally rebuilt the engine, its good as new" I clapped my hands hugged him. "This is perfect Jake" I didn't really know anything about trucks, or particularly enjoy them but I was appreciative nonetheless. They continued talking about trucks and I shut the hood, attempting not to get covered in motor oil.

Hopping in the car, I put my hands on the steering wheel. Bella then appeared in the window. "You can drive, I'm not the most stable person on earth" I actually laughed at her attempt of a joke. "Sure thing"

Bella turned her attention to Jacob. "You want a ride to school or something?"

"Sorry. I go to school of the Reservation" He shook his head.

"Bummer. Would've been nice to know some people. Scarlett, you have good friends there?" Bella rested her hands on the window frame.

"Tomorrows my first day too, I used to go to school on the reservation but recently changed" I smiled. "I guess we can be clueless together"

Bella chucked. "I guess we can"

❀❀❀❀

𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓮

hello! thanks for reading. let me know what you think! please vote and comment, it encourages me to write more and truly makes my day. I appreciate all the continued support and hope you will keep reading my books.

Love to all x