Try

Max's standing by the counter, watching how Chloe works. Three weeks have passed since Rachel appeared in the parlor. They haven't met ever since then, but the punk knows they will, sooner or later. As she finishes her work on a man's right calf, she gets rid of the rubber gloves and she starts putting her stuff away. Then she walks up to the brunette, kissing her on the cheek.

'What's wrong, Max? You're spacing out'
'Thinking.'
'About?'
'Lots of things. Projects, portfolio, contests, essays... us' she slowly adds.
'What's wrong with us?'
'Haven't you noticed? Everything is so... quiet. Too calm.'
'Don't you like it?' she kisses her neck.
'It's not that. Our lives have never been like this. When things seem to be fine, we should be prepared for the shit storm.'
'Maybe things are changing for us' she smiles as she gently kisses the photographer.
'Maybe. Hopefully.' she lays her head on the bluenette's shoulder.

They silently stand there for a while then a familiar voice drags them back to reality.

'My dearest love birds! Good to see you haven't changed!'
'Darren!' the tattooist runs up to him for a hug 'The fuck are you doing here?'
'Checking on you. Let's go out tonight!'
'Sure! Max?'
'Sure!' she smiles 'I could take a break from responsibility.'
'Aaaaand I have a surprise!' he grins.
'Your smile is... impish' Chloe sighs.
'Hey! I'm a good guy! Come on, trust me!'
'Okay, okay, Darr. Surprise me.'
'Be surprised!' he opens the door and Rachel walks in.
Max immediately gives her the "I told you!" look.
'Hey!'
'Hey... Didn't expect you' the tattooist scratches her neck.
'Don't look at me, it was Darren's idea!'
'You're so good friends now?' she laughs quietly.
'Not really. Not yet.' she shrugs.
'Give us a minute.' the punk forces a smile then takes the brunette's hand and takes her to the private area.
'Is something wrong?' asks Max.
'That's what I wanted to ask. You okay?'
'Mhm.'
'Sure?'
'Sure. I'll try. I promised you I'll try. It's just sudden a little bit.'
'I know. I...'
'I'll do my best, okay? She'll do her best. We'll be fine.'
'I really am the luckiest bastard in the world' she kisses the photographer with passion.
'Well' she huffs 'if you don't stop now I'm gonna eat you out right here, right now.'
'It's actually very hard to resist...'
'Funny.'
'Sorry. Shall we go?'
'Mhm. Go'

Taking her hand they walk out, they wave Matt goodbye and head to a pub nearby. The sitting order is strict, though. Max sits next to Chloe, Darren next to her, and Rachel next to him. They order some beer and the man breaks the awkward silence.

'How's it going, Price? Long time no see.'
'It's all good. I have great opportunities here. I pierce, I tattoo, I design... It's all great, you know? I really am enjoying it!'
'Matt is more than satisfied with you.'
'Meaning?'
'Don't tell him I told you, but he was more than satisfied with your test work. He immediately sent me a pic of his tattoo. You made a very good first impression' he sips his beer.
'Good to know. And who replaced me?' she grins.
'You're irreplaceable.' he sighs 'A young guy called Mitch works for me now. He's not even close to your work. He's not that bad, but mediocre at his best. He doesn't have that passion, you know? He does it because he knows nothing else. That's his only talent. I hired him because I needed fast replacement, but he's nowhere to you. And' he laughs 'thanks for the photo you left at the parlor.'
'See, it's a reminder of me being irreplaceable' she grins.
'Still sassy, huh?'
'You love it, bastard!'
'Point to Price! Hey Max, how's college?'
'Could be worse. Could be better. Full of stress and deadlines.' she smiles tiredly.
'But still into that, right?'
'I still love it. Boring sometimes. I prefer practical knowledge, you know.'
'Once you finish it you won't even believe it!'
'I can imagine. To travel the world and taking shots everywhere, holding shows in galleries. Sweet dreams...'
'Sweet, indeed, but you truly are talented.'
'Thanks, Darren. Maybe later you could join Chloe when she's travelling with me selling off her designs' she laughs quietly.
'And make some improvised tattoos!' he adds, smiling.
'Sounds like a great plan' Rachel joins the conversation, creating an awkward silence.
'Well, that's a plan' the bluenette nods 'And not that bad. I love the idea and we could live it. It would be hella great.' she sips her beer.
'Did you know that Rachel's working for me?' Darren tries to ease the tension.
'Really?'
'Aha. She orders the inks and needles, makes appointments and all.'
'That's truly great. Thought that you would make it to L.A. though and start modeling.'
'Maybe a little bit later. I still have some things to do.'
'And until then she can raise some money' the man adds.
'Hey, Rachel,' the brunette starts and immediately, everyone stares at her 'you know, I have some project work now. You could help me out.'
'Really?' the bluenette and the blond ask at the same time.
'Really. I need someone who has some experience with posing. And I think we could promote Chloe's cloth designs at the same time.'
'It sounds... good.' the punk nods.
'Why me?'
'You have experience, right?'
Chloe smiles a little bit. She knows that Max most probably thinks that "Because I promised Chloe that I'll try to give you a fucking chance", but doesn't say a word.
'Well, I have some experience. Okay. We can talk about this later.'
'It could be a kickstarter for your modeling career.'
'Yeah, it's actually... a great opportunity. Thanks'
'God, my lungs are dying! I'm out for a cig' Darren stands up, already searching for cigarettes.
'Wait for me!' Chloe stands up, too 'Be right back. Love you' she kisses Max on the cheek then walks out with the man.
They both light a cigarette then Darren starts to speak.