Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sincere

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason and I eventually persuaded Effrin to go to rehab. He wasn't going to get the help he deserved for himself but for Victoria and even Deonte, who both needed a Father figure in their life. And a good Father figure at that, not one whose strung out on drugs and can barely control himself. 

"Sin, I can't do this," Effrin stated, stopping in the door way of the rehabilitation center. I sighed and turned to Jason, who was in front of us. "Go in, we'll meet you inside," I told him. "Alright." Effrin and I stood there silent, waiting on him to walk inside but once he did I spoke up. 

"I don't want you to go Effrin but you gotta get this help. Don't you want to come clean?" I asked grabbing a hold of his hands, that were still shaking from his addiction. It's been a whole three days of him going without the crack, so I knew it was killing him inside. I knew he was feigning for it but Jason and I made sure he wasn't using it.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, I do, but I can't just leave my life for two months in here. What about my business and my kids? I can't just neglect everything," He replied. "You're not neglecting it if you're getting help. I'm going to be taking care of Victoria, Kay's going to be taking care of Deonte and Jason said he'd take over your business until you get back. Things are going to be fine with you away. You need this for yourself Effrin." 

"I know I need it for myself but what about you?" He asked. "Don't worry about me. I'm not even important right now. You're the only important person right now Effrin. Look, we can stand out here and stall all day or we can go inside and get you together so you can come back a stronger man. Which one do you wanna do? Because I like the second option the best."

He sighed. "I do too." "Then we can go inside," I grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled him inside of the rehabilitation center. Once we got inside you could see straight back to the hallways where the patients were staying but you walked right into waiting room. Aside from the receptionist sitting at the front desk, we were the only people in here.

I tightened my grip on Effrin's hand as we walked up to the front desk, with Jason right beside us. The receptionist smiled at us. "How may I help you all?" She asked. I pulled the pamphlet with the different plans for the patients out of my purse and opened it up to the 60 Day Plan to a New You option that we were using on Effrin. The 30 day plan obviously didn't work last time if he was so quick to use the drugs again, so hopefully 60 days will do him some good.

I pushed the pamphlet towards her. "Could we do the 60 Day Plan to a New Life?" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head. "Sure thing. Whose going to be staying here in Sunny Shores Rehabilitation Center?" She asked, like she had been practicing that one line for years. I turned to Effrin. "Effrin McDonald." She nodded her head and typed in some information on the computer.

"Alright. Who's Jason Meyers?" She asked looking between the three of us. "I am. Did you get the paper work I emailed yesterday?" He asked. "Yes I did. If Mr. McDonald is ready we can take him back to his room," She said before coming around the front desk she was standing behind. I put a smile on my face for Effrin's nerves. "I'll see you in a few weeks. Alright?" I asked.

He sighed and nodded his head before pulling me into a genuine hug that couldn't have lasted any longer than it did. "Tell Tori that I love her." I nodded my head. "And I know that you and Kay don't get along but please stop by her place sometimes so I can know what's going on with Deonte." "Alright," I mumbled, tightening my grip around his body because I really didn't want to let him go.