Part 12

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!

I jerked forward, sitting up straight in my bed. I looked around, eyes wide, at the plain walls of my open bedroom. I let out a breath I had subconsciously held and turned to my nightstand where my phone buzzed for attention.

The time sat bold across the screen of my phone and the timer named "Waaaakkkkeeeee uuuuupppp" screamed at me. I sighed, unmotivated to actually get out of bed. I turned off the alarm and swung my legs out from under the blankets, pushing myself to stand up and walk to the bathroom.

I rubbed at my temple as my head began to pound. I could no longer use my nose to breath and my throat ached at any movement.

I flicked on the light, shielding my eyes from the sudden change in brightness for a moment. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror. I looked like a dead zombie, which didn't really make sense, but that was the first thought that popped into my head. I looked more dead than dead.

My eyes were heavy and seemed puffy and red. My skin was pale and dotted with sweat. My hair was tangled and poked out in different directions. I felt miserable.

I sighed once more and shuffled to my closet where I found a good sweatshirt to wear for the day. This and some leggings would complete the I-don't-want-to-dress-up look.

When I eventually shuffled downstairs, Taehyung and Jungkook were already making breakfast for themselves.

"Hey Mads-woah!" Taehyung paused his welcome to take it my shaggy look. "You look....."

He wasn't able to finish his sentence so Jungkook did. "Dead." They both stared at me wide eyed, paused mid-motion of what they were last doing.

"I feel dead," I complained, sitting beside the counter and deciding that the cold tile was a good enough pillow. I rested my head against it, staring off into space.

"We don't have to go to school today?" Taehyung suggested. I shook my head.

"No, we need to go. I'll get behind if I miss one day and you two need to be there since Friday was your performance."

"People will understand. Besides, the hyungs have the day off so we can go do something with them," Taehyung persuaded. I thought about his reasoning before sighing and nodding my head.

"Ok fine. But don't expect me to get much done today," I warned, shuffling away from the kitchen and back up to my bed. I didn't mind changing out of my clothes and flopped onto the bed.

I quickly fell back asleep and didn't wake up for a few hours.

A knock at my door eventually woke me up. Without moving from my comfortable spot in bed, I groaned, telling the person to enter.

"Hey Mads," I heard Taehyung say. I slowly sat up in bed and regretting my mistake as I swallowed the spit in my mouth which killed me throat.

"What?" I croaked. I rubbed my eyes as I stared at the light shinning through my blinds. It must've been the afternoon based on the lights position.

"Do you want to go get some tea or coffee and some medicine to make you feel better?" Taehyung suggested. At the moment, any chance of feeling better than I did now sounded good to me.

"Sure," I answered. 

"Alright." Taehyung turned back out the door to leave.

"Wait!" Taehyung stopped and looked back at me. "Tae Tae," I mumbled, reaching out my arms and clasping my hands in the way a baby would when it needed something. Taehyung sighed with a smile hinting on his face and he came over to the side of the bed. He slid my arms around his neck and leaned down to pick me up. 

With a groan he lifted me off the bed and I rested my head on his shoulder. It reminded me of the way my father used to pick me out of bed this way or carry my sleeping form to my bed late at night.

I was much bigger now than I was then and when Taehyung reached the stairs he gently dropped me down.

"I'm sorry but I'm not carrying you down the stairs. I don't want to die." I looked up at him, puzzled over if I should be glaring at him or be sympathetic. Eventually I gave up on thinking and moped down the stairs. The other six boys and Nari were at the bottom waiting for me.

"Hey guys," I groaned pushing past them towards the door. They followed behind me and we walked to the driveway.

"So who's driving?" I asked, standing beside the passenger car door. The boys and Nari exchanged glances then stared back at me.

"You're the only one that can drive so...," Yoongi acknowledged. I sighed.

"Nobody thought to mention this to me as I was walking out," I mumbled as I walked through my crowd of friends. When I came back everyone was squished in the car. First stop was the pharmacy. 

Nari dragged Jimin off towards the makeup section. Jhope and Jungkook walked to where there was food. Yoongi and Jin went off the explore what was in the store. Finally Taehyung and Namjoon followed me towards the medicine section. 

Although nothing on the bottles made sense to Taehyung, he still made an effort to help look for medicine. He and Namjoon worked together to try to find something while I went off on my own. 

I wiped at my nose with my sleeve, which was already drenched with snot, as I look at the labels on the bottles. Most of them had big scary words on them that I didn't even attempt to read much less understand. Eventually, I came across a bottle that said 'cold and flue symptom relief'. I decided it was good enough and began walking down the aisle to find the others. I found Taehyung and Namjoon on the other side of the aisle picking up cough drops and other things to help me. They had grabbed a basket and I tossed my medicine in with the other things they had collected. 

"Thanks, guys," I said, sniffling. They nodded and we sent off to search for the others within the store. 

After dragging Nari away from the makeup section we finally paid for everything and headed home. When we got home, I threw my keys on the counter and moped to the couch where I fell against the cushions. I pulled the closest pillow to me and curled up into a ball to take a nap. 

"Here," Taehyung said, handing me the medicine we had just bought and then laying a blanket over me. I moved over to make just enough room on the couch for Taehyung to lay beside me and I patted the couch, telling him to lay down. 

I rolled over, facing the back of the couch so my back would be to Taehyung. His body brought more warmth than the blanket could offer and his comforting embrace relaxed me. I found no trouble in falling asleep in his arms.