BTS Part 8 [Rewritten]

'Home,' I thought to myself. It had been months since I stepped foot in the US. I took in a deep breath as the aromas of our common foods engulfed me.

I knew my family would be waiting for me at baggage claim and I walked through the airport holding tightly onto my tiny bear. It still smelled like him. But I knew that wouldn't last long.

"Madison!" I looked up at the sound of my name. I saw Mother running towards me.

"Mom!" I yelled rushing into her embrace.

"Oh, my baby. I've missed you so much," She cried hugging me to death.

"Saranghae," I cooed.

"Hey!" She released me from the hug and hit me playfully on the shoulder. "No korean when you're here in America," she complained with a smile on her face.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Sis." I heard a young boys voice come from behind Mom.

"Jack?"

"Hey," he greeted, standing still. I eyed him, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"What? No hug?" I said making mom laugh. "Come here, you butt." I walked up to him and hugged him. He had grown a few inches since I last saw him. He was now up to my eyes. It felt weird hugging him since he wasn't the small boy I used to know.

"Ok," Jack whined, squirming out of my hug.

"Hey sweetie," Dad welcomed, walking up to me and giving me a hug as well. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Dad," I assured.

"Madison?" Jack asked.

"Yes," I said letting go of dad.

"What's that from?" Jack pointed to the bear in my hand. I smiled thinking of Taehyung and the rest of the boys. And Nari. My heart churned in my chest. I already missed them.

"I'll show you when we get home. I think you'll like them," I informed, putting my arm around his shoulders.

~~~~

"Yeah, right," Jack said sarcastically. "You aren't friends with them." He didn't believe me.

"Look, I have pics to prove it," I said getting frustrated. I showed him a picture of me, Nari, and BTS from the concert.

"So what. That was probably just a fan signing," Jack argued. I couldn't tell him what was between Tae and I. He would just say I was a fan making up stories in my head.

"What can I do to prove it to you?" I asked.

"Get a picture of that guy," He said pointing to Yoongi. "Making this face." He plugged his nose with one hand, stuck a finger in his ear with the other hand, stuck out his tongue, and crossed his eyes. "Good luck with that," He retorted getting up off the couch and walking away.

Ugh, teenage boys are just so stubborn.

~~~~

I grabbed my math textbook and jammed in into my backpack. Before I closed my locker, I stared at the group picture of me, Nari, and the boys, that was taped to the back of my locker.

Since school started, five weeks ago, I didn't get to talk to them very much. The boys schedules were always busy and I either had soccer or I had to study for school.

But one thing that kept me going was that Taehyung would send me a good night text almost every day. I might or might not be awake depending on when he woke up, but it would make my day a bit better.