The Little Things

Hiccup x Reader

His shoulders.

Over the years of being close to Hiccup, it was obvious he would use his shoulders a lot when he was talking. Sometimes, you can even tell what he is feeling from the position of them. When he is trying to be tentative, his shoulders would raise into a shrug; almost suggestive. If he was comically disappointed with the twins for instance, they would slouch. Or when he was protecting you, they would lower slightly ready to move.

You catch yourself staring sometimes, trying to read his movements and how he would express them. It would be hard most of the time since it was covered with armor almost all the time.

There was one time when you actually got a closer look. Hiccup was a very cautious guy. It's only rare when he would get injured. It's even more rare that you had to treat him since Gothi was too busy treating other villagers from the recent battle.

"So, I just need to put the soothing cream on the burn?" you asked reassuringly.

"Yes," Hiccup confirmed, "you should see it right away."

Well, you could argue.

Yes, your eyes furrowed and frowned at the scorch mark, but you also notice how wide his shoulders were. You blinked yourself out of your daze and scooped out the homemade cream from a bowl and laid a thick layer of it on the right side of his back.

He made a slight hissing noise before he sighed and relax, letting you work your magic. It was rare for you to even touch him so he tried to savor the moment.

You gently sooth the burn by rubbing it in more and getting more cream until it was all gone. You watched his back muscles moved from flexed to a relaxing posture until you were done. You patted his left shoulder to indicate that you were finished with the medical treatment.

"Thank you," he smiled as he put back his top on.

"You're welcome," you smiled back.

Despite knowing the two of you were in a relationship, you were still surprised that he wrapped his arms around you in a warm embrace, hugging your small frame. Your cheeks warmed when you felt how he practically covered your body with his shoulders and torso.

The nape of your neck.

He was always fond of snuggling his nose when he hugged you from behind. Your hair would be down most of the time so he would take the chance to either stare at it or cuddled it. You never knew that you hand a beauty mark there but Hiccup would always caress the area or kiss it when he was cuddling it with his nose.

And it always seemed like a comforting gesture to you because he would hear you sigh in contempt when he would love on that spot.

Even when he wasn't giving the area attention and simply snuggling, he would always breath in your scent. It was sort of comforting to him, too. It lets him know that you are there still when you two are sleeping together and he wakes up.

He would always remember the feeling of your hair tickling his nose when he woke up from his slumber. The beauty mark would be one of the first thing he sees. He would kiss it gingerly, waking you in the process. You would turn to him and give him your morning smile and greet. When you would get up and your back turned towards him while stretching, he would stare as your hair was still pulled up at how beautiful your neck was. He would get up after you and kiss the back of your neck more and wrapped his arms around you in a back hug.

You would sigh and leaned against him a bit more as he lovingly left kisses on you.

Word Count: 649

Status: Unedited, Series(?)