I Don't Want To Be Saved (Part 2)

RTTE!Hiccup x Kidnapped!Reader

Requested by: ???

"Hiccup!"

The heir looked up and stood up from where he was crouched over the table with Astrid looking over some plans. Hiccup had bags under his eyes and began to color with each passing day he became restless. You were still gone and it was taking a tole on him. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to think. This caused him to hold back on his advances on ambushing the locations of the Dragon Hunters. He figured if Viggo knew you being held hostage was working to make Hiccup stop invading, Viggo would keep you alive and untouched.

"What is it, Astrid?" Hiccup answered without even looking away from from his plans.

"Viggo's ships has been spotted South from Dragon's Edge," the blonde informed. Her voice also sounded tired but her restless eyes watched Hiccup's movement.

"How far South?" Hiccup asked.

Astrid hesitated before speaking up, "A few hours from here."

Hiccup looked away to Astrid over his shoulder with sad eyes. He didn't say anything nor did Astrid. Her fists tightened by her sides in agony. She hated the fact her enemy has her friend. She hated to hear her friend was in distress after hearing the news from Hiccup. She hated seeing Hiccup in such a depressed and restless state.

She hated knowing she couldn't do anything.

You groaned and coughed when you felt a pain emerge from your whole body. You coughed and rolled to the side. It was strange to feel a different surface underneath you. It was more comfortable than the hard wood flooring you were on earlier. You almost let down your guard.

"Well, well, looks like the princess is up."

Almost.

You opened your eyes weakly and glared up at Ryker. He amusedly looked at you through the cell bars of your prison.

"Don't look like that," he smirked, "My brother decided to keep you alive."

Your eyes widen and jerked yourself up in a rush. You forgot your pain temporarily causing you to collapsed back onto the makeshift bed. You bit your tongue from crying out in pain. Your hair was sprawled in front of your face and your eyes but that didn't stop from glaring at the man.

"What are you planning?" you croaked out.

Ryker grinned sadistically, "Just sit tight and be a good girl and you'll be pampered like a princess." He laughed lowly and turned away to exit.

He left you to your thoughts. Many of which you couldn't put together on the situation at hand. What was Viggo planning? He got what he wanted from Hiccup when he was trying to rescue you. And it didn't help that you felt even better from before. You knew you haven't fully recovered but enough where you mouth didn't feel dry and you could move around a little.

You turned on to your back once more and stared at the ceiling. You stared as your hand raised in front of you. You continued to stare at your hand as it wasn't shaking like from before when you were weak from lack of food and water. Your hand was just as skinny before but it was unmoving.

Flashes of scenes of what you last remembered of being conscious went through your mind. You were sure you would have died when you pushed off of Toothless' back and into the net that was aimed at your friends.

You didn't noticed when you gripped your hand into a fist until a dull ache on your side woke you from your daydream.

You slowly rose into a sitting position this time and raised your arm to see the cause of the pain. To your surprise, you found bandages wrapped around your torso, around the bottom part of your ribs more specifically.

As you were about to gingerly touch it, the sound of an iron door opened, snapping you out of your movements.

"I see you're finally awake," Viggo greeted. He pulled out a container bottle and walked over to the table on your bedside. You were too weak to fight so Viggo knew not to worry about you jumping him. He pulled out a cup and poured what you guessed water into it and offered the cup to you.

You stared at the cup almost tempted but you pulled your gaze away to look at his observing ones.

"You look like you have some questions, young lady. Speak your mind," he gestured towards the cup.

Your eyes flickered towards the cup that was closer to you now. Your thoughts were conflicted over the desperation need of fluids in your system and the enemy in front of you. Why was he helping you into recovery? Didn't he want you to be tortured until you break?

Then, a realization hit you as you furrowed your eyebrows.

Why weren't you left dead?

"I can assure you that it's not poisoned," he added.

Your glanced at him again before deciding that he wouldn't pull anything yet.

You took the cup but ever so gently took sips. You realized that you were thirsty but not dry. You rested the cup on your lap but held your gaze down.

"Why am I alive?" You asked abruptly, your voice still croaked from not using it for a while.

"Despite the lifeless look in your eyes, you're a fighter, [Name]," he answered.

"I was on the brink of death," you ignored his answered, "why no just finish me off? You got what you want." You eyes narrowed into a glare when you remember Hiccup giving up the Dragon Eye for your sake and played right into Viggo's hands.

"The job isn't finished yet. Despite what you think, there is still meaning behind your life," Viggo explained.

"And that is?" you growled.

"Let's just say our dear Hiccup would give up more than a mere trinket for your life to be spared."

You looked up into his eyes this time with your eyes aflame. "What are you planning now?"

He walked away towards the door. With your wound still slightly raw, you couldn't chase after him so you continued to sit there and glare. "It has been quiet for the past few days while you were asleep from the awful hit you took," he turned to look at you one last time before he opened the door and left, "I wonder how much longer that will last."

Your eyes widen with the hostage situation unraveling. You were still held against Hiccup. Tears started spilling out of your eyes before you even realized.

No! Please, Hiccup! Give up on me!

Word Count: 1108

Status: Unedited

Note: So I guess I'm making a series out of this? (._.)