Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Lilly continues to stay still and tries to calm down her rapid beating heart to not trigger the man into shifting and ripping her to pieces. Lilly blinks back tears as she tries to remember what to do in these types of situations but comes up blank as the man takes steps towards her in a growling mess. The man opens his mouth and Lilly can make out the canines emerging from his gums and she inspects them and notices how sharp and moist they are.

The werewolf keeps advancing towards Lilly and just as he is a metre away from her she snaps back into reality and she takes a step back to try and buy herself more time to think of an escape plan or to try and reason with the werewolf into letting her and her mother go home safe and sound without any dead bodies involved.

Lilly lets her eyes move towards her mother for a split second and her heart breaks for her as she sees her mother clutching a table trying to even out her breathing and to calm herself down. Lilly feels anger course through her veins as her eyes snap towards the werewolf and her eyes narrow dangerously towards him, daring him to take another move.

The man growls even louder and he begins to lunge for Lilly. Lilly closes her eyes waiting for the werewolf's teeth to rip her apart limb by limb. She tries to make the tears stop as she can hear the footsteps get even louder as they reach closer to her body. Waiting for the blow Lilly closes her eyes tighter and tenses. Lilly strains her ears to hear how near the werewolf is but she can only hear his loud breathing.

Lilly peaks an eye open and she gasps as she sees her mother in front of her protecting Lilly from the beast. Lilly sees her mother motion with her hands to move away and Lilly complies with her mother, knowing that a werewolf can't harm their mate.

Amanda narrows her eyes towards the werewolf and the man growls at her before crossing his arms over his chest. Amanda doesn't back down and continues to disobey the werewolf by glaring at him. Lilly smiles slightly at the bravery her mother is showing by facing up to the werewolf.

"That is my daughter and no one hurts her." Amanda whispers dangerously at the werewolf before motioning for Lilly to come over and into her arms. Lilly doesn't hesitate and runs into her mothers arms before hiding her face in her mothers chest as she could feel the werewolf glaring at Lilly's form.

Lilly turns to face the werewolf and is surprised to see the man has calmed down and is now only curiously looking at her with guilt written all over his face. He bows his head towards both Lilly and Amanda in respect before looking at Lilly with tear filled eyes. Lilly could feel bile rise in her throat at the thought of a werewolf being sad and actually having emotions.

"I am sorry for the way I scared you, daughter of mine. I was unaware of the fact that you are mine and I am deeply sorry that you saw me like that," The werewolf turns towards Amanda and he narrows his eyes at her, making her whimper, "although i was close to ripping our daughter that does not give you the authority to overrule me, is that clear mate?" The werewolf speaks to Amanda dangerously which results in both Lilly and Amanda gulping.

The werewolf then grabs Amanda and Lilly by their arms and drags them out. Lilly turns to her mother and silently asks her if she is alright. Amanda catches Lilly's question and discreetly nods her head but Lilly knew her mother was lying to her and she was positive that she was doing that for her sake.

As the man pushes both of the girls outside he nods his head in the direction of a car indicating for the two of them to get in. Lilly doesn't waste time and knew that her angering the werewolf could result in her death, making her way towards the car but an arm stops her. She turns to see her mother glaring at the werewolf and she clicks her jaw which is something that Lilly knew that Amanda did when she was mad.