Chapter 10

Cole**

"Come on cole please get out of bed." Megan pleaded pulling at my covers.

"Please just leave me alone ok, I don't wanna get out of bed."

She must have gotten tired of me because she left. It's only been a day since I saw my boyfriend cheating on me, and everybody wants me to just get over it. I've never been this hurt in my life. I love him so much.

I heard my door click and my mom walked in. The look on her face made me want to throw up. I understand something bad happened to me, but I don't want all the looks of pity I'm getting.

"Baby, please come downstairs, I don't like seeing my little boy like this. I know you're hurt but did you try talking to him.?"

"No momma I didn't, he was kissing another guy, there's not much to talk about there. "

"Ah now baby you're not being fair, you never know what was happening. Just talk to him baby, see what happened."

"Alright momma, let me shower and make myself look not so........"

"Sad?"

"I was gonna say pathetic, but thanks mommy."

She smiled and walked out of my room. Alright I just have to talk to him. How bad can it be?

I climbed in the shower and just stood under the water for a good thirty minutes. I turned off the water and stepped out. I looked at myself in the mirror and I don't look that bad.

I got dressed and ran down stairs. My family was sitting at the table.

"You off honey?", mom asked looking up.

I just shook my head and went for the door. I feel like I'm about to throw up though. As soon as the door closed behind me I wanted to die. What if mom was right and I just misunderstood. Then I'd look like an asshole.

Pearson***

I can't believe I really lost him. I wanted to call him so bad, but I knew he wouldn't answer. It's not my fault Zeke kissed me.

"Honey please come out of your room, someone's at the door for you." my said as she poked her head in the door.

"Mom I'll be down in a minute."

I rolled out of bed and trudged down the stairs. I'm really not in the mood to talk to anyone. I made it to the door and opened it.

Really....

"Uh hey Pearson. sorry about the other day. I didn't cause any problems with you and Cole did I?"

I just slammed the door in his face. He has a pretty big set of balls to be at my front door right now.

"Pearson open the door right now. I've taught you how to act."

I gritted my teeth and reopened the door.

"What do you want." I said through gritted teeth.

"Can we walk and talk? I feel really bad about all this."

"I guess."

I grabbed my shoes and followed Zeke outside.

Cole***

You can do this Cole. All you have to do is ask what happened.

"Come on Cole snap out of it! Stop being so nervous."

What if he doesn't want me and he really does like Zeke now? I need to stop thinking like this.

I guess I'll find out when I get to his house cause I'm almost there.

I looked up when I heard talking up ahead. I couldn't hear the voices clearly but they sounded pretty in depth conversation.

It's when I got closer that my heart literally hit the ground. I was right, he really does like Zeke. I think I gasped because both of them turned around. I could feel the tears fall down my cheeks one at a time. I needed to get away from here or I'd probably have a panic attack.

"Baby, he just came to apologize for what happened, see he ki...."

"Don't" I whispered.

"Don't? What do you mean baby?" He asked stepping closer.

"Stop lying to me."

And with that I turned around and started running. I don't even know where I was going but I needed to be by myself. Yeah I could hear Pearson calling and running after me, but I didn't care. He didn't want me anymore. He had Zeke now. Before I even realized where I was, I was walking to the pool at the rec center.

I stripped off my clothes till I was just in my jammer and climbed in the pool.

I needed this time alone.