It Isn't Difficult

"Credence, really I promise you - your owl will find you again, it's okay." I reassured the black haired man who was clutching his rather fearsome looking owl with a possessive look scrawled all over his face, lip stuck out, eyebrows furrowed in protest. 

"How?" 

"Err... I don't know. It just sorta happens." Shrugging, I turned to Newt for assistance but he merely laughed and mumbled something about not wanting to get involved. Damn. "I promise you. He. Will. Come. Back." Credence still looked unconvinced. "If he doesn't I will personally go out looking for him." The lip retracted, a brighter more confident expression filtered onto Credence's face.

"Alright then." the man huffed before turning to nuzzle his face into the soft and comforting feathers of Bear before handing him the letter he had clutched in his hands. "This is for Martha Bear, say hi to Queenie for me too!" With that the owl made one nod of its head, chirping happily at Credence before hopping out of the window to our small room at The Leaky Cauldron and swooping effortlessly as the dark welcomed his small figure. 

"What did you write Creedy?" I asked, ruffling his hair gently.

"Oh just this and that you know: talked about how my training with Dumbledore went, how you guys are, how I am, how you two are a thing now-"

"You didn't did you?" Newt muttered, Credence shrunk a little at the lower tone of his voice, "She's going to kill you Tori." he laughed.

Oh Merlin. She was. 

"Oh Merlin's beard I forgot to tell her - she's going to hunt me down. That's it, the end, fini, end of the road. She'll for sure kill me and feed me to god knows what animal she can find. This is my demise coming for me." I feinted dramatically onto the bed only to erupt into giggles when Newt started tickling me, "S-s-s-t-top!" I yelled trying to roll myself up to escape his fingers.

 I was doing quite a good job at escaping until Credence jumped on me and began aiding the enemy. I screamed and shrieked and screeched and thrashed about to little avail as the two traitors had stolen every last breath I had, so much so I had to cling to Newt's shirt weakly due to the intoxicating dizziness which invaded my senses. 

"What was that for?" I asked, panting exasperated as I collapsed onto the bed. Newt shuffled along to place my head into his lap and play with my currently black hair. 

"Being a drama queen." Credence replied simply, readjusting his shirt and jacket. I grumbled at this and turned my face to nestle into one of Newts hands whining softly about how unfair the two of them were. 

"Oh we're so cruel to you aren't we hmm?" Newt drawled in fake sympathy as he scooped me up and cradled me into his arms. I thumped his chest lightly in protest to his snarky comment but I might as well have been a fly for the amount of damage I gave him.

"I'm going to bring my wrath down on the pair of you, just you wait." I growled, nestling into his chest.

"I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover." 

"Credence! Shut up!" I yelled.