Chill

The arms flung around my neck, legs around my waist and small weight on my back was comfortable. Newt beamed at me when he had noticed Dougal nuzzled peacefully into my neck, clinging to me. The demiguise had made it clear that holding on to me was the best place to be after he adamantly stayed put after poor Newt had tried to carefully wrestle the creature off of me. All that got him was a well deserved cute little growl and a seething glare.

All five of us - well seven if you include Dougal and the adorable little kitten (which I had very originally named Kitty) curled up in my lap - were sat outside the worn shed of the case enjoying the glorious view of the enclosures. We were all splayed happily, well aside from Newt - who was hovering just over me, evidently anxious that either Dougal would hurt me or visa versa. However contrary to the worries of Newt, I soon heard soft snores coming from the critter on my back and I couldn't help but giggle. Newt soon caught on to my infectious laugh and our happiness was resonating across the space.

"What school did you guys go to? Is there like a magic school? Or do you guys come to muggle or no-maj schools?" Jacob cut in, evidently he had been thinking about this but bless his little heart he was blushing furiously for asking such a simple question. 

"Well Tina and I went to Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I will let Newt and Victoria tell you about their school but Ilvermorny was fun, you would've loved it honey. I was a Pukwudgie there." Queenie smiled warmly, hoping to ease his awkwardness.

"Oh but Thunderbird was a far superior house sis and you know it." Tina sighed, pulling at a blade of grass.

"Well Tori and I went to the best school of witchcraft and wizardry out there - Hogwarts. I myself belonging to Hufflepuff, obviously." Newt filled in, I nodded - definitely agreeing that Newt was a Hufflepuff, the house suited him. He looked to me expectantly.

"And I'm a Slytherin." I finished. There was a small gasp from Tina and Newt, which I ignored by playing with Kitty who was currently ripping my poor, innocent fingers to shreds. Like the evil little angel he was. 

"You can't be a Slytherin - you're too nice!" Tina exclaimed, Newt hummed in agreement.

"I wasn't back then. I was mean, cruel, cowardly, heartless, stupid and I was a little cunning when needs be - hence why I'm a Slytherin." as I was explaining I looked up to see protests and arguments already forming in both of their minds ready to attack me with them mercilessly.

Thankfully, before they could launch their little barrage of positive thoughts and self appreciation, the tell tale crack of an apparating intruder filled my ears.

"GUYS!" a shriek came from the shack, echoing horribly through the clearing.

Martha. 

As soon as I placed the voice as being Martha, the lady herself burst through the old door of the shack breathlessly. She managed to startle all of us and even woke poor Dougal who quickly leaped off of my back and scarpered silently. Poor thing. 

"Credence - he's gone insane. Whatever that-that thing is that's controlling him killed two people at his orphanage and is now tearing New York to shreds. He's currently holed up in a little underground train station - I need you guys to help me get him out of there. Graves has got aurors swarming the place, both looking for you and looking to kill Credence. Someone has got to fight for him and us, we're all he has." despite her state of panic I remained calm - already I knew what was the best plan of action. 

"Tina, Newt, Jacob and Queenie - keep each other safe. Try and circle around the station and catch him if he makes a run for it. He doesn't know you as well as Martha and I so I'm sorry but unless we get to you and say we need help please stay put. Martha, you and I need to get to that underground station as soon as we can - however we are probably going to get caught up with aurors of the way down there. If we have to fight can you do that for me?" I barked, my emotions were gone now. Credence needed me to be strong right now, as much as I needed him to do the same.

Martha smirked, "Babe, you're talking to the leader of the most feared and dangerous gang that has ever roamed New York - I could knock Grindelwald dead if I wanted." Martha being a gang leader - although a strange thought was not a unbelievable one by any means. She was scary as heck if she wanted to be. 

"I hope you can do just that." I returned and with that we all scrambled off to retrieve Credence.