Execution

It must've been an hour or so since Newt was taken from the cell. I don't know where he was going and I was currently anxiously chewing my lips to shred with worry. Maybe they had killed him already and that was not something I wanted to contemplate. It hurt, I couldn't show it though, not in front of Jacob. He needed strength right now. 

"Are they going to obliviate me?" it was the first sound either of us had made since I'd stopped screaming at the top of my lungs when they took Newt. I looked to Jacob with a regretful but gentle smile.

"Yes but don't you worry about it ok? It doesn't hurt at all I promise - you won't feel a thing and you won't even remember it." 

"That's the problem." he grumbled, shifting his hands to make his shackles less uncomfortable, I glared at my own - they had carved out angry red lines on my skin. "I won't remember you or Newt or Tina or Queenie... I don't want to forget you guys." at this point - if I still had my wand - I would've produced a lot of butterflies to encircle him and comfort him whimsically. 

My mind was brought to Credence, he loved the butterflies that I made for him - admiring their beauty individually and giggling softly as they perched on his hand before fluttering away. If I got out of here I will make him a whole aviary of butterflies and birds - just for him.

My daydream was cut short by the clanging of the bars and suddenly being roughly pulled out of the cell by what looked like three middle aged aurors. Before I was dragged away I quickly turned to Jacob.

"Thank you for saving me Jacob - I won't forget you." he flashed me a teary grin and I knew what he would be thinking - 'You may not forget me but I will forget you.' I was jolted violently away. I complied really not having the energy to fight anymore and my head hung as I was lead through various halls and corridors until we went through one final door and I was released.

"Tori!" I glanced up to see the familiar teal coat. Newt.

"H-hi." I stammered. Quickly I surveyed the room - immediately recognising it as one of the sober death cells. Fantastic. The murky potion looked as uninviting as ever and I felt a wand press lightly to my temple. "You won't find much in the way of happiness in there." I scoffed but nonetheless I saw the wispy trail of memory cling to the tip of the clinical looking executioners wand.

It was such a surreal feeling being lead to that chair. Newt was panicking, screaming and shouting for them to let me go. On the other hand, I was perfectly calm. Death was not a new concept to me, in fact I believe I have been close to it so frequently that the thought of it wasn't the least bit concerning to me. 

I even gave Newt a sweet smile as I was lowered into the chair and dragged across the potion. In response he waves at me, shackles dangling uselessly from his wrist with a cheeky looking Pickett on his shoulder. 

Now I panicked because there was a window of opportunity to escape and what was I supposed to do? There was no saving me - I was trapped and pretty much done for as it was so I decided being a distraction would have to suffice. I screamed and kicked and yelled as loud as I could drawing all of the attention to myself. 

As soon as this happened Newt pulled a cocoon from his pocket which exploded into a shrieking bird like creature. The creature launched an attack on the two executioners who swiftly crumpled to the floor - hopefully just stunned.

The creature let out an ear splitting screech before swooping in circles around me like a vulture waiting for its prey to die. 

"Don't panic!" Newt yelled at me as the potion began to pulsate and reach for me.

"Oh no, not in the slightest - I'm not panicking." I snapped. "What should I do?" Newt ignored me momentarily and whistled to the creature and it circled me only lower and slower than it did before - its wings beating heavily. 

"Jump." he said, evidently acknowledging the fear that overran my face, "Jump on him and I'll catch you I promise." I sighed waiting for the animal to come round again. I had little choice but to trust Newt in this situation.

I jumped and landed on the bird before stumbling clumsily forward and straight into Newt's arms. I smiled at him before grabbing his hand and pulling us off into the building - the bird in hot pursuit. We ran into the aurors who escorted me to the death cell and thankfully the bird made short work of them.

"What is it?" I panted as we ran faster and faster through confusing corridors and basements. 

"Swooping evil." he replied breathlessly while the thing curled up back into its strange cocoon and Newt placed it in his pocket. 

I was about to comment on the appropriate name when we ran straight into Jacob, Tina and a pretty blonde lady who vaguely resembled Tina. Tina hurriedly thrust mine and Newts wands at us before the blonde lady held out the familiar tattered old case she was clutching.

"Get in." she ordered with a sweet little smile.