Chapter 24: Heartless

Start from the beginning

Don't say it. Don't say it.

"S-Sena," I whispered and in an instant the puppet... the naked girl... the look alike of me, lifted her head up and her eyes went completely wide as if she were seeing something she couldn't believe. I could now see her perfectly and not with as much of a blurry vision like before. Her long hair was molded against her body. It was up to her ankles and waved around past her. Her hair alone was longer than her own body. She looked so much like me, but something was off. Her face was more petite and her skin was paler, almost transparent. Her eyelashes were longer. It was almost as if they went on for miles.

      She looked unreal.

As soon as she glanced up the ground began to quake as my body caved. I felt as if my head was splitting, as if someone was grabbing a knife and trying to carve into my subconscious. It was so painful. Die. I wanted death. Would death be more releasing? Would it be less painful?

My vision faded to white before the pain numbed. I couldn't even get out a single breath before a screech filled my ears. It sounded like someone was screaming in my head.

Say it. Don't say it. Please say it.

"Sena," I whispered and gasped as a petite and thin hand tore through my consciousness. Equally thin fingers curled around my wrist. The puppet had crawled to me.

Red. I could only see scarlet red clouding my vision. Roses. Thorns on the end. I felt my hands reach for them, passing through the Genjutsu that was the very wall I had tried to pass through before. When my hand prickled against a stem I squeezed it. I felt something hot run down my arm and drip to the ground. My eyes. I felt something hot, like tears run down them. I didn't even notice my hand go right through the transparent wall to the rose bush outside.

It was as if someone just unlocked something as I felt something release through my eyes. It felt like water was hitting them, so I tried to close my eyes, but something held them open as if I could never close them again.

My red vision faded to black and that black faded to white. The white became transparent and slowly the world was blurry.

As soon as I could see again I felt as if something was missing from inside me. As if I was split in half and a part of me was just gone.

I became aware of the fingers still curled around my wrist. I glanced up instantly and stared into her eyes. So like my own, but they held a more cat like glow to them. They were honey orange and held more of something unknown that I had never achieved...hollowness...the eyes were hollow.

Our eyes stayed connected for what seemed like hours before she reached over to me. Her fingers touched my face, an almost innocent expression drifted through in her eyes that was unlike one I'd ever seen before. I had never seen her look upon me with such curiosity.

Her fingers skimmed down my face and over my neck before skimming past my shoulder. I could feel a shiver just begging to run down my spine at her every touch. Her hands curled around my wrist and only then did I realize I was still gripping onto the thorn filled stem with such force that it was almost scary. I let go of it as if it were poison. Her eyes snapped to it as she tugged it gently and pulled it to her. She opened my hand and glanced at the bloody cuts that decorated my hand.

Her eyes didn't waver from them, but mine didn't leave her. I had never seen her treat me with such gentleness and the very presence of her made my heart ache in my chest.