Killing Me Softly

Start from the beginning

The bed shifted as Bryce sat down beside me. His hand grazing over my thigh. "I'm sorry baby. I promise I'll be home in time for dinner. Promise."

"It's fine Bryce. I understand you have things to do. As long as you're here for dinner then we're good. Because it's my turn to cook."

There was a long pause before Bryce replied. "You sure?"

I looked up from my phone and reassured him with a small smile. "I'm positive. I'll just hang out with the guys in the meantime."

Bryce flashed me a heartwarming smile before leaning over and wrapping me up in his arms once again. His hands were on each side of my face and crashed his lips to mine. I sighed into the kiss and drew him closer to me knowing deep down I didn't want to let him go. After a minute or two we pulled away both breathless and each sported red swollen lips.

"Let me go before I end up starting something." he smiled.

I chuckled and kissed his cheek on last time before he released me from his embrace. "7:00?" I asked.

He nodded shrugging on his jacket. "7:00." he confirmed.

Bryce leaned over and kissed me again. "I love you."

"And I love you."

He smiled from the doorway. "See you tonight."

And with that he was gone. Whenever Bryce left I couldn't help but feel the emptiness welling up inside me. I didn't want to be that girl that clings to her man for dear life whenever he leaves. But due to our circumstances, I try to spend as much time with Bryce that I can. Lately, he always has to take care of or leave abruptly. Which I can understand with a target basically painted on his back and everything.  As much as I wanted him to stay, I had to let him leave.

Swallowing up my last bit of sadness I dialed Jay's number and pressed the phone to my cheek. "Hello?"

"Where you at?" I demanded.

Jay scoffed on the other end. "Well hello to you to mother."

I laugh. "You want to hang out today with you dear old best friend?"

Jay laughed. "Why do I feel like I don't have a choice in that matter?"

"Because you don't silly! You know me better than that."

I could practically hear Jay rolling his eyes over the phone. "I'll be there in 30."

"See you then love muffin!"

I pressed 'end' and tossed the phone back on the bed. I raced back into the walk-in closet in search of an outfit for the day. I grabbed my aqua colored muscle t-shirt and paired it with a pair of ripped jeans. I slipped on my all white Converses and headed into the bathroom. I applied some mascara and a thin line of eyeliner humming lightly to the music playing from Bryce's iDeck. As soon as I finished my make-up I heard the front door open.

"Honey I'm home!" Jay's deep voice booming across the walls.

"Upstairs!" I called back.

Just as I walked back into the bedroom Jay was coming back in. We hugged briefly before I walked over to the iDeck and turned off the music. "So what you wanna do today?" Jay asked in a bored tone. 

"What do you wanna do?" I asked.

He shrugged. "As long as it's not watching girly shows and painting each other's toenails I don't care." he clapped his hands together and smiled. "I know let's go to the strip club! I've been itching to go there lately."

"How about no." I interjected.

"You suck all the fun from right inside of me." he pouted.

I laughed and patted his cheeks playfully. "You'll be fine my poor little Jay."