Chapter Thirteen: INO!!!

Start from the beginning

“You bitch,” Ino shouted, getting to her feet and glaring at me, “I’ll kill you!”

I stood up without even thinking about it, running and picking up my sword. As I grabbed it, I did a back flip and landed facing Ino about three feet away from her. I lost my cool again.

Before I could move anywhere, I was grabbed by everyone and I mean everyone.

Then a sharp, familiar sound cut through the air. “I know  that noise!” I whirled, but then I shrieked. “EEEK!”

Just as the summoning whistle went off, I jumped like ten feet in the air. Someone touched my tail and it fell so…weird.

Like I’ve never felt anything so weird, but then again, it felt nice, too.

“What is it?” Lisa asked.

“Someone touched my tail and it felt weird, but nice. Who the fuck touched my tail?” I asked, looking ‘round the group. Due to the fact I was still pissed at Ino, it came out rather harshly.

Shino slowly raised his hand in the air. “Me, sorry.” Nothing from his emotions like normal.

“Wait, Jurei-kun?” Kiba asked. “When’d she get here? Why’s she unconscious?!”

I whirled around, and saw Akamaru sniffing at Julie.

Everything. Stopped.

Julie was laying on the ground, pale and unconscious. She was wearing hospital clothing, but her shirt was kind of open and showed the massive staples in her chest and a bunch of little gashes that’d scarred over. Her right eye was covered in gauze and…and…she woke up.

And then I thought, It’s all my fault.

“What the hell?” she grumbled, sitting up. “I can’t see. What’s going on?”

It’s all my fault, I thought again as she sniffed the air. “Tam?” I jumped when she called me. “Tam, you smell angry and upset. Are you okay? Tam? Babes—” She choked and started coughing at the ground. “Shit,” she gasped, and started coughing again.

It’s all my fault.

“Naruto, you idiot!” Sakura shouted, and then I heard her smack him. “Why did you call her? She was in the hospital, you moron!”

Naruto defended himself, “I didn’t know where she was! And you didn’t say anything!”

“That’s not important right now,” Neji shouted over them, running past me and kneeling next to Julie. “Let’s get you back to the hospital, Jurei-san.”

“Neji? You’re a doll, but hold up,” Julie said, starting to walk towards me. I shuffled back, shaking my head. I couldn’t face her, or look at her.

And things only got worse.

“Hmm? What’s going on here; a party in an alley?” I heard Genma-sensei’s voice. “Aren’t we a little too young to be getting drunk? Well, most of ya?”

“Genma, this is not the time,” Kakashi said. “Your student’s out of the hospital.”

“What? She was supposed to get out tomorrow.” He ran past and saw me. He gasped at the tail and ears, and looked me up and down. “Tam? What the fuck did you do?”

All I could do was I shake my head; I couldn’t breathe. Genma was glaring at me angrily as he held Julie up along with Neji and Kiba.

She looked to be in so much pain, and it was all because I let her fight Zabuza. I couldn’t—I can’t!