[Chapter One]

❝Be careful what you say

                                                             ❝Be careful what you say. You can say something hurtful in ten seconds, but ten years later, the wounds are still there.❞

-- Joel Osteen

CHAPTER ONE
Present day...

It is incredible how one little action could change the curse of your self-centered life.

Or at least that's what Becca thought as she stared dumbfounded at the bright screen of her phone.

The harsh reality slapping her on the face. 

She had never considered herself a rapacious person, on the contrary, she believed herself quite the benevolent soul, but now, looking down at his instagram profile, she was starting to reassess her previous assumption.

Was she ever? 

She hadn't always been like that though. 

No.

During her childhood, her parents never told her she had the most beautiful selfless heart out there, mostly they'd just reprimand her lack thereof. The rare times she showed sympathy towards another person It'd always be to get something out of it. But let's be honest here: every kid did. 

They could show you the cutest gap toothed smiles and puppy eyes, still, they could be the most greedy self-centered little things when it came to it. 

Yet, when that common stage was over, she did her best to leave it behind her. Keeping a low profile and trying to help others out as best as she could.

That didn't end up well though.

Instead, she'd begun to stash things away, never really getting rid of them. 

Soon, she had cages upon cages stored in a deep corner of her heart, filled to the brim with jealousy, envy and hurtful words.

She'd been putting everything under the rug, afraid to look under it, until it was finally pulled away and all she'd stored throughout the years came out.

And it didn't come out in a pretty amazing way just like a fireworks show on the fourth of July. 

No, it was ugly.

It came out like the floods, suddenly, intensely, muddy and ruining everything in its path. Leaving others to sort out the aftermath.