Prologue

"Life comes rushing at you from out of the darkness.. When it does - is there someone in your life you can count on? Someone who'll watch over you when you stumble and fall? And in that moment, give you the strength to face your fears alone..."

- One Tree Hill

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I knock feverishly on his front door and glance around, hoping to God no one's seen me.

I'm lifting my hand to knock again, when suddenly the door swings open, and Hunter's staring down at me with eyes wide in shock.

"Mia?" he says. "What are you doing here?? Get inside."

He shuffles me through the entrance and quickly shuts the door behind us, before turning to face me.

Placing his hands on my shoulders, he shakes his head. "If your parents knew you were with me..," he says. "You shouldn't be here. What is it? What's wrong?"

"I know, I'm sorry," I say. "I just, I couldn't do it anymore. I was going insane in that house, I needed to see you."

"Well, you shouldn't have come," he says, and for a moment I think he may be right.

But then he reaches out and pulls me to him, wrapping his arms around me and holding me tightly against his chest.

"But I'm glad you did," he says softly into my hair.

I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face in his chest, fisting my fingers in his shirt and trying desperately to take in everything about him, hoping that nothing's changed, that I haven't missed anything in the time we've been apart.

"Can you tell me you love me?" I say. "I haven't heard it in a while."

"I love you," he replies. He says it instantly and without hesitation, and I relax into him. "More than you know, Mia Valiente."

"Good," I breathe out, before pulling back to meet his gaze. "God, how did things get so screwed up?" I say. "It's just high school. I thought senior year was supposed to be easy."

"I have no idea," he replies.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N - Hey guys! Welcome to the "Finding You" sequel called "Knowing You"!

Well, first of all, it feels so good to be writing new stories about these characters again, and I'm really glad to be back!

I feel like I should give you fair warning. This book is going to be "a little less sixteen candles, a little more touch me" than the last one was ;)

So yeah, just thought it best to let you guys know.

I promise that if you loved the first one though, you'll love this one.

Enjoy! :)