Impulse X Reader

You both are not thirteen in this, bear in mind.
Y/N-Your Name
E/C-Eye Color
Enjoy!
-----

"Babe, do we really need to have your entire family over?" I stared at my husband, his speedster energy causing him to practically bounce around the car like the silver ball in the pin ball machine.

I did not have the hyper-activeness of Bart, after shoving a watermelon through a wedding ring sized hole, let me tell you, not exactly the most exciting experience. And yet, my husband wasn't the most understanding of pain, with his quick healing properties and all.

"Of course! Why wouldn't they? They all have to meet Amy!" He wasn't exactly screaming at me, his excitedness that we were home and your new born daughter was here too, something for Bart to coo at and adore, led him to loudly and happily speak.

I nodded my head at him, not wanting to be surrounded by people right now, I was in too much pain to even begin to comprehend the human species. Whatever medication the nurses gave me to get rid of my pain was running down.

"Yes!" Bart was a flash of lightning as he grabbed hold of little Amy from her car seat and raced inside the house.

Leaving me to clear out the car.

I slowly walked into the house, hearing what seemed like a million voices speaking at once, sighing to myself as I set down my purse and the baby bag the hospital gave me on the table, and finally got to look around to see who Bart invited over to our house.

Wally, Barry, Bart, Jay, and a few of Bart's friends from his time in the league were crowded around what I'm assuming to be my new born. While on the couch on the other side of the room sat the speedster wives.

"Hello, Y/N," Joan smiled up at me, bouncing Iris's daughter Dawn up and down on her knee while Iris held a sleeping Don on her lap, Artemis sitting in the couch without a child near her.

The three scooted themselves over, allowing me to have room on the couch to sink into the couch faster than the Titanic. I relished the happy feeling of my own couch, though I felt too sore to comfortably sit in any position.

My eyes went over to Bart, envying his endless amount of energy, seeing him just radiate with joy and energy while he cradled our daughter in his arms, he smiled down so happily at her. He was always bubbly, always happy and chill to be the center of attention.

"How are you, sweetheart?" I looked over at Iris, smiling empathetically at me while Artemis and Joan chatter on about having to deal with living with Speedsters.

"I'm good, Mrs. Allen, and you?"

"Sweetie, please, you're a grown adult and my granddaughter-in-law, considering the circumstances, it's Iris." I felt like when Bart first asked me out, a blushing teenage girl, still finding it hard to believe that I could just talk to Iris West, one of the best reporters of today's era. "Now, how do you really feel?"

And there it was, her ability of a reporter to see through people saw through me like an open book. "Don't take this the wrong way, Mrs. Al-Iris," I blushed again at getting to say her name, stuttering over her name before I continued. "But, I don't really want anyone to be in my house. I just want to go to bed and not leave it for a week."

Iris chuckled at me, taking my hand in her own to gently squeeze it, "Y/N, I felt the same way when I had these two, I wouldn't have moved for a month if their father didn't make me move around the house."

The two of us chuckled, completely understanding each other. My body slowly sank deeper into the cushions, sighing as I felt for the first time in four days that my stomach wasn't on fire.

Young Justice One Shots and ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara