So much for being friendly.

"How odd." He murmured as I jerked away from his light.

When the tears stopped welling up in my eyes, I glared at him.

"What are you doing here!? And how are you suddenly so small?" I interrogated, even as he started waving the light in front of my face until I surrendered and tracked the moment.

Is this light thing even legit? Or is he just trying to shut me up...?

"Are the angry outbursts normal?" He hummed, seeming more interested in the medical stuff he was apparently doing rather than my question. Go figure.

"Pretty much," Alex muttered, voice flatly guarded.

"Hmm. And no sign of swelling."

He poked my head to the side, flickering a glance up at Alex.

"Perhaps you were right about shock being the main contributor. How observant of you, young man."

"I've had some practice judging injuries." Alex glowered back at the tiny man at his side.

Losing my patience, I battered his hand away when the Supervisor moved to tilt my head back.

"You. Small. How. " I gritted out, my firm glare warning I wouldn't tolerate being ignored a second time.

It was semi-successful, as the Supervisor titled my head anyway but finally gave me an answer.

"It is only temporary." He explained, taking my arm and rotating it. "After I confirm that it is safe to leave you without further medical attention, I'll return to my normal size normal."

"I thought that you were the other sort of doctor," I muttered suspiciously, recalling the therapy I had gone through.

"I have training in multiple fields and an IQ over 140." He shrugged nonchalantly.

I stared at him in shock. The average was something like 100 right...?

My Supervisor gave me a questioning smile. "I do work at the Shrink Program you know, why are you so surprised?"

"No offence, but you kind of come across as.... stupid."

He blinked at me, taken aback, and I rushed to defend myself.

"You know, just to talk to... And to look at...." I waved my arms, gesturing to his entire self. "You kind of just have this overall feel of idiot going on."

"...you think so?" He gave me a pained smile, and I bowed my head.

"At least I didn't say get a hair cut and a real job," I muttered.

"...I appreciate that Maddison." He sighed, apparently done touching me as he removed the gloves from his hands. "And I'm here on a routine visit."

"I didn't hear anything about it. "

"I was supposed to be a surprise. " He raised an eyebrow. "Though the only one who got a surprise is me... To find that you had been sent to the infirmary."

"Try calling my secretary next time," I grumbled. "I'll keep my schedule busy... Speaking of my Secretary..."

I turned to look up at Alex, who had an amused smirk on his face. "Where's Vain, and how many pieces have you cut him up into?"

Strangely enough, Alex smirk turned into a grin. Which could actually be a sign that Vain was really dead...

"Here." Vain's voice called out from somewhere in the room.

One of the giant curtains moved, and Vain revealed himself sitting on the bed beside my own.

Eavesdropping eh?

Vain stood up with a grimace, coming over to take a seat next to my bed, opposite Alex.

His face was pale, even for him, and when he unconsciously reached up a hand to straighten his glasses, I saw that his wrist was wrapped up in bandages.

"What happened to your hand?!" I cried, moving to stand up, only to be held down by the Supervisors firm hand on my shoulder.

Vain hung his head with an embarrassed sigh, covering his face with his uninjured hand. Whatever had happened, it had drained him of all composure.

Alex, on the other hand, seemed all too happy to answer my question.

"He hurt his wrist, punching Jack in the face." Alex grinned ecstatically, and I nearly pass out. You know, again.

Vain groaned at the reminder, muttering something into his hand.

I stared, my brain slowly putting the words together into something that actually made sense.

"Vain... Punched...Jack?"

I had to use small words.

"And it was actually a pretty good throw." Alex agreed with a smirk. "For an amateur anyway."

"It was stupid." Vain muttered, taking his hand away to glare at Alex. "Utterly stupid. The only reason I landed the hit was because he wanted it."

"Yea, but you have to admit, it was worth it."

Vain just glared, not quite able to deny it.

"Would you people mind explaining exactly what the hell happened?" I snapped, all this talk of Jack bringing my anger back.

"In nice, small words, so that the previously unconscious person in the room can understand?"

The two boys exchanged grim looks...

Giving me the feeling I wasn't going to like what I was about to hear...