Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      

      ‘So, what did you think of all my friends?’ Michael asked that night, as he climbed into his bed next to Debby. She shuffled over to settle in his arms, with her head leaning on his chest.

     ‘They’re all really cool,’ she told him. ‘But you know who I love? Anna. I could see myself being such amazing friends with her.’

     ‘It seemed like you already were when I came in here,’ he said. ‘But yeah, she’s really nice. Did she tell you about Jack?’ As he asked this he pulled her in tighter.

     ‘That’s her boyfriend, right?’ Debby replied. ‘I think Freya mentioned him. They’ve been together for ages or something.’

      ‘Yep,’ Michael confirmed. ‘For six years, since she was fifteen. They’re like the sweetest couple ever.’

     Debby sat up a little to look at him and gave him a cheeky grin. ‘Even cuter than us?’

    ‘Well I’ll tell you this story about them, then you tell me who’s cuter,’ he decided.

    She sat up completely now, looking excited, and crossed her legs in front of her. ‘Okay, shoot.’

     ‘Well, basically, a few months into when they started dating,’ Michael told her. ‘He cheated on her.’

      Debby’s eyes widened. ‘What?’ she cried. ‘That’s not cute!’

     ‘Shh,’ he told her. ‘Listen. She was really mad obviously, but he actually felt horrible about it and wanted to get back together with her. But she wouldn’t even talk to him. So he went to her house and left a rose on her doorstep every morning until she forgave him. Apparently his mum got really mad at him, because he wasn’t old enough to drive yet, so she had to drive him to her house before school everyday.’

      Debby actually looked close to tears. ‘Wow, are you serious?’ she asked. ‘This actually happened?’ Michael raised his eyebrows and nodded. Debby lifted her hands to her face and pulled on her skin. ‘Argh, that’s so bloody romantic. That’s possibly the most romantic thing I’ve ever heard that actually happened.’

      ‘I told you,’ he gloated. ‘Sweetest couple ever.’

     Debby grinned and lent over him, her face close to his. ‘If I was mad at you,’ she whispered, her lips brushing his as she did. ‘Would you put a rose on my doorstep every day for me?’

     Michael closed the distance between their lips and pressed gently. After a few seconds he pulled away again. ‘Of course I would,’ he told her.

     ‘You wouldn’t give up on me?’ she asked. ‘Even if it took ages for me to forgive you?’

     ‘Never,’ he reassured her. ‘I didn’t give up on you when you were with Alfie, did I?’

     She smiled and pushed her forehead against his. ‘No, you didn’t.’ They kissed again this time for longer, and more urgently. When they finally broke away Debby moaned. ‘Michael, I’m ready. Now.’

     Michael couldn’t help himself – he burst out laughing. ‘Debby, you’re ridiculous. It was less than a week ago that you decided to wait!’ he exclaimed. ‘We’ve been back together less than a week.’

     She sighed and lent back against him, nestling in to the crook of his arm. ‘Really? It feels like so much longer,’ she said. ‘I guess it wouldn’t hurt to wait a little longer.’

     Michael kissed her gently on the forehead and decided to take the plunge. ‘Well, hopefully we have the rest of our lives together,’ he said tentatively. ‘So there’s no rush.’

     He was dreading Debby’s reaction. He couldn’t help worrying that she wouldn’t want to think about “forever” yet, and might be scared by him saying this, but she just sighed contentedly. ‘Yeah, hopefully,’ she agreed.

*********************************************************************************************************

So guys, hope you liked it! Remember to vote and comment if you did :D

Did you like the story about Anna and Jack and the roses? I didn't actually make that up, it really happened to a couple I know. It's so unbelievably cute cause these are the last two people you would expect to be in a long relationship - or any relationship at all really ;) - and they've been together for two and a half years in real life. He's also the last guy you would expect to be that romantic as well, and the story just makes me so incredibly happy :D

Anyways, sorry for rambling.