Chapter One: Juliette's POV

"Hurry up, Dew! We’re going to be late!”

“Okay mom!” I called from my room upstairs. When I was done putting my shoes, I looked at myself in the mirror and checked if I was looking fine. Contented, I grabbed my cell phone, headphones and handkerchief that was on the table and put the cell phone and handkerchief in the pocket of my jeans while I wrapped the black headphones around my neck. I was wearing a white t-shirt that had a statement in the middle saying “I ROCK”, dark blue jeans and black converse shoes.

I ran downstairs since I remembered that we’re going to be late for mass. I heard dad honking at the car and I immediately went to the car. When the car door shut, dad began driving.

“So Dew, what’s with the t-shirt and headphones?” My older brother, Dylan Vernon Dark, asked while smirking at me. He has dark blond hair that was all messy and dark green eyes that is common to the three of us.

Dylan was the one that made up that nickname because he thinks that Juliette is too long to pronounce and so he always called me that. All of them called me Dew, except for my younger brother because he has another nickname for me.

“Yeah, think you’re cool and all, Let?” My younger brother, Adrian Neil Dark, added. He has the same shade of blonde hair that mom has, which is a light shade, the style of his blonde hair was in the middle because it was not messy like Dylan’s but it isn’t that perfect either and he also has dark green eyes. He’s younger than me but I guess he doesn’t act that way and he doesn’t even treat me as a person older than him but I don’t have a problem with that because I would prefer him being an arrogant jerk than a spoiled brat.

“What do you care, Dy and Dri?” I smirked at Adrian because he hated the nickname I gave him because he thinks it sounds like a girl’s name. “And why are you ganging up on me again? I thought we should behave since we’re going to mass.” I added.

“Aw, but that’s how we show our love to you, my dear little sister. And besides, we’re not even there yet.” Dylan answered.

“I didn’t know, Vernon, that that’s the way things are right now. Well, maybe if I show you how much I love you too after the mass, then you’ll know the feeling.” I said.

“Don’t call me that. You know how much I hate that name.” He said.

“Dy, don’t hate your name; otherwise, I’ll call you Verna in front of your friends.” My mom, Adrienne Julie Dark, playfully scolded. She has light blonde hair and light blue eyes.

Adrian and I laughed at Dylan’s expression. Dylan glared at Adrian and said, “So you’re helping them in bullying me, huh? Well, this is for you, traitor!” Then he started tickling Adrian in almost all the parts of his body and he was already laughing hysterically because he was very, very tickly in almost all the parts of his body. I was in the middle of the two boys so I was being dragged in their battle. I was also laughing but I was already getting hurt so I was about to stop them when dad beat me to it.

“Boys, I am seriously beginning to doubt your manliness. Which of you is gay?” My father, Dean Lancer Dark, said. He has black hair that was curly at the bangs and dark green eyes. Dylan and Adrian only got the dark green eyes of dad but I got both the color of his hair and eyes.

I knew he was really trying not to laugh but he started cracking up when my brothers said “He’s gay!” at the same time and both pointed at each other.

“So you’re saying that you’re both gay?” I said and they both glared at me.

“No!” They said at the same time.

I raised an eyebrow at them. “Oh really?”

“Yes!”

“So you are gay. You said yes.”