Chapter 35

Did I ever show a picture of Jason?

Everything had happened in a rush. Coming home, readjusting.

I barely had time to cry from relief. Or dwell in the new fear that I was wanted for something I barely understood. Everyday my head seemed to hurt with frustration.

"Need help with your homework?"

"No, I'm okay." I said. It was Jason. I smiled at his effort.

"Pre-Calc?" He said. I nodded.

"I was in Algebra when I entered seventh grade."

"Does that mean...I'm smarter than you?" He looked away.

"Shut up." I laughed. He disappeared again to go serve some tables and I went back to my work.

"(F/N)?" I looked up and saw Haru. He sat down across from me quietly.

"What's up?" I asked still doing my work.

"You know what you did?"

"What?" I asked.

"You..." I stopped working and set my pencil down.

"I..."

"You went rollerskating without me!" He exclaimed. I gave him a look.

"You were busy. We knew you wouldn't just call off whatever you we're doing."

"How do you know?"

"It's you." He glared.

"It's official. I've been thrown out of the group. You guys are a trio. First Brandon then me." He sniffled. "Next it's Makoto. I better warn him of the tragedy to come."

"Stop being so dramatic." I said going back to my work.

"You're forgetting."

"What?"

"I have feelings too." I paused and looked at him.

"I know you do. But I didn't-" I stopped. He looked at me confused. I inhaled deeply. "What do you want?" He smiled widely.

"Let's hang out, just the two of us." He said.

"We all ditched you." He sighed.

"You were probably the mastermind behind the whole thing, so you need to make it up to me."

"Tadashi thought it up." I said. He groaned.

"It's still only you." He muttered.

"Where and when?" I asked going back to my work. He just wanted to hang out, at least that was his only demand.

"Now." I slammed my pencil and looked up at him. He met my gaze with a smug smile.

"Fine." I started packing my stuff and Haru watched me excitedly. "Little-"

"Ah, nice (F/N)." I glared at him. I went up to Jason.

"Can you keep my stuff in the back. I don't want to take it around with this one." I said glancing at Haru. Jason looked up and eyed him.

"No problem." He took my backpack from me. "Take care." He said turning and walking off. I let his words sink in. He told me to be careful. "J-" I looked up but he was gone.

"Hurry (F/N)! The day isn't getting any longer." I groaned. I went over to Haru and crossed my arms.

"Where exactly are we going?"

"I have no idea."

"Well played." We had left the café and were apparently walking aimlessly.

"You know, this would be more fun if there was a destination."