Chapter 16

"...I will not rest until I learn to say goodbye." Straight Into The Fire~Zedd

I sat outside in the backyard. I sat in the pergola. It was a huge arc of dark cherry wood with purple and blue flowers creeping up the walls like snakes. I reclined in the shade looking out into the yard.

The yard was endless acres of grass the occasional oak or birch tree sprouting up from the ground then in the farthest reach of the yard was a single cherry tree. It was in bloom and the pink flowers danced in the wind.

I wore dark blue shorts and a white shirt that said 'California Dreamin'. I had brown and white sandals on and my hair was down.

I stood up and looked around. After sometime I asked for self-defense lessons. I was really good in the beginning but my teacher still said I needed work. He said surprise attacks were the best sonde her told me that he'd been arriving by jumping out bushes or somehow coming from behind me and pinning me to the ground telling me how clumsy I was for not listening. But in the end it was him who was lying in the chair nursing their wounds. (A/N): Lol

I heard something behind me. I didn't glance thinking it was my instructor. I did turn but the persons foot had flown into the air missing my face by centimeters. My eyes widened. They tried again but I caught their foot and pushed them down. They wore all black their face was covered by the same cloth. I placed my right foot on the center of their chest and bent down attempting to pull off their mask. Arms pulled me back from the person. I kicked and tried to wiggle out but they were strong.

Finally I let out a scream and they let me go. The one I had taken down earlier pulled off their mask. It was my instructor. "You've gotten good, I thought I was completely silent." He said.

"You weren't. Who's this?" I looked at the one who had restrained me. A thought came into my mind. I ducked under their arm and pinned their shoulder behind their back. They yelled out.

"He's a new student I just got. He's not well-trained in defense but he's strong. I heard he was in swim team." My instructor said. I nodded but I didn't release the rookie. I let go of his arm but then grabbed his shoulder tightly. I pulled off his mask. It was Brandon. My mouth hung open in shock.

"Brandon?!" I released him in surprise and he rubbed his sore shoulder blushing furiously. "I didn't know you took self defense! You're on a swim team! Which one?" I asked excitedly. He looked shocked at my reaction.

"I've been on the swim team...for 3 years." He said.

"Wow, sweet. Come sit down." I said walking over to the pergola.

"Yeah, you can take a rest. That throw down was painful." My instructor chided in. I smiled at him. I sat down on a chair. Brandon was across from me.

"Can't wait to train together." I said.

"Yeah, can't wait." Brandon said. His voice became colder, more distant. Was he pushing me off? I frowned at his tone.

"Would you like to hang out? Maybe this week, or after the lesson today. We can go out and just walk around!" I said. Brandon's eyes widened the coldness he was building up beginning to disappear.

"Really?" He asked.

"Sure, it would be fun. To get to know each other. This is only the second time I've met you since open house" I said.

"Uh...sure." He finally said.

"Great! This'll be so fun!" I said smiling widely. He didn't as cold as before. I hated it when people began becoming cold or heartless in an attempt to hide what they think is wrong. Brandon seemed really nice and I wanted to be his friend. I hope he wanted to be mine.

"(F/N)!!" It was my dad.

"Over here Dad!!" I yelled back.

"Ah, (F/N)..." He trailed off when his eyes landed on Brandon. "(F/N)! What have I told you about bringing unknown boys into the house! You are not and I repeat not dating!" He burst out. I looked at my dad quietly, I glanced over and saw Brandon sink into his chair trying to hide.

"Hello Mr. (L/N)." Brandon said. My dad about to yell again stopped when he heard his voice.

"Is that you Haru?" Me and Brandon groaned at the same time.

"I'm Brandon, Haru and Makoto's older brother," He said.

"Oh...I see. Well anyway (F/N)?"

"Yes?" I said.

"I have a meeting that's not...here...I thought you know...we could all go!" My dad said.

"Cool!"

"Yeah, your mom was wondering if you would like to invite a couple of your friends as well." He added seeming slightly annoyed.

"Really?" I glanced over to Brandon, he looked around the whole yard nervously. "Brandon should go and Tadashi!!" I said looking over to Brandon. He seemed to sink into the floor, I chuckled. My dad nodded and walked off after giving me a warning look.

"Hey you two, we haven't started training yet!" My instructor yelled. I sighed and walked over. As we began stretching Brandon spoke.

"Why me?" He asked.

"Well, since there is this whole trip occurring I'll have to plan," I began, "So we couldn't hang out today, so why not during that trip," I finished my rationalization.

"I'm not exactly a people person," He grumbled.

"If you don't want to go you don't have to and I understand," I said.

"You do?"

"Why wouldn't I? Everyone has boundaries. I shouldn't overstep them," He slowly nodded.

"I'll see if I can go, thanks for inviting me." He said.

"No problem,"

**********************************

Hiyo

How ya'll peeps?! I'm doin' great!

Lol I'm not a country girl....

But I am doing great! 8K READS I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLL!!!!!!!(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

(⌒▽⌒)

Hope you like this chapter any of you warming up to Brandon yet. He's okay. Oh and A won. Which I think is totally better than what would've gone down later in the story.

Anyway keep loving my story I'm so happy you guys love it so don't stop. Vote before you read. Like remember that okeee!

ANYWAY!!!!!......

VOTE
COMMENT
DONT
STOP
READING!!!!!!!!!

did I mention to vote?....