Chapter 2

"For months on end I've had my doubts
denying every tear I wish this would be over now..." I'm Not The Only One~Sam Smith

According to Mommy my stuff was being taken to my room and that I should go there to see. I nodded excitedly.

They led me through a high set of stairs until we finally we reached a door. It was (F/C) and had a (A/C) doorknob. Daddy reached out and turned the knob. When the door opened there was a flood of sunlight. I stepped in and as my eyes adjusted they widened in shock.

The inside was painted a cool green and there were two tall windows with connected balconies. They were opened letting a soft wind blow in. The bed was queen sized and thin drapes blew in the breeze that smelled like the ocean. I felt myself relax, I had no idea how tense I was.

I smiled and looked to the closet it was filled with dresses and normal clothes. I ran to Mommy and Daddy and hugged them. You could tell they weren't prepared for my reaction, because they paused before hugging me back.

"Thanks." I said as politely as I could.

"Tomorrow we'll go sight-seeing." Daddy reassured. I nodded excited and they left without another word. I went to the balcony. A pair of binoculars sat on a glass table. I picked them up adjusting to focus. I could see the city so close up.

My eyes settled on the Café. The boy I had seen earlier was not there but an even smaller boy came out. He waddled around the front looking occasionally through the window. The boy I had seen earlier came back carrying big brown shopping bags. The little one spotted him and rushed towards the boy.

The boy smiled at the toddler. Brothers?

Then a lady with short brown hair walked out. She pointed wildly at the toddler and the boy with shopping bags didn't meet her eyes. She escorted them in and that was it.

I frowned. "Wonder who they are...? I'll go over there tomorrow!!" I said proud at my sudden suggestion. I rushed around my new room looking for my suitcase it was expertly stowed in the closet. I opened it and found my pajamas.

I changed all on my own and went down stairs to find Mommy and Daddy. They sat in the living room. Daddy was doing math problems and Mommy was talking on the phone. I looked at what Daddy was working on.

"The answer is 1756." I told him after studying the papers. He looked at me shrugging off my words, looked at the calculator, and proceeded to punch the numbers into the calculator, 1756. His eyes widened.

He scribbled a math problem and handed the paper to me. I looked at it.

"Do you know the answer?" He asked cautiously.

"The answer is obviously 5 you don't need me to tell you that." I said in disbelief.

"Smart and cute." He says ruffling my hair. I smiled gleefully, relieved, that they were happy to have me. "My dearest, she's a genius. We must order a tutor, after we go sightseeing." He added seeing my anxiousness to go out again.

"Okay, okay. I'll look it over tonight." Mommy told Daddy, and I smiled with rabid glee.

The next day I woke and was rubbing the sleep from my eyes when three maids walked in. One held a measuring tape another a delicious smelling basket and the final bathroom essentials. I looked at them all filled with curiosity. Maid #3 made me shower my hair with this raspberry blueberry pomegranate mixture of goodness in shampoo and conditioner.

Maid #1 measured my arm length, my height, even my waist, and foot size?! I let her do all of it as I eyed Maid #2. She was setting up food on a table.

"No time to stare and drool, honey." Maid #1 said finishing up. "I will be back as soon as I can with your outfit. Now go eat what Meredith prepared." She said leaving. I looked to Meredith or Maid #2.

She had laid out toast, jam, butter, and several tiny glasses of juice.

"This is my breakfast?" I asked looking at it with curiousness, hoping I didn't look annoyed. Meredith shook her head.

"Your mother didn't want you starving as we prepared you for your day." She said dutifully. I smiled warmly.

I nibbled on a piece of toast as Maid #1 or as I called her now the Fashion Police Chief walked in carrying jeans, sneakers, and a (A/C) shirt. She had a nice (F/C) jacket for the cold weather. I slipped it on quickly in the bathroom coming out and to my astonishment right into a mirror.

I marveled at the reflection of a once ragged girl with no more life to hold onto.... to this. It was amazing.

"Great news Sweetie! We're going out for breakfast." Mommy announced when I came down.

"Where?" Daddy asked coming from behind me.

I looked at both of them wondering what new place I would get to see.

"I believe it is called...Lucky Cat Café. I hear they have good pastries." Mommy said sounding slightly excited.

************************
HA! For those that know what that place is....who wouldn't?!

I hope you guys like it. I saw the first chapter and I'm like whoa 2 days out and already 24 reads.

I no see no comments votes.

PLEZ PLEZ PLEZ!!!! I need them. They make me all happy inside with ideas.

Bla!! :P

Well maybe this changed your mind. I hope it did.

Vote
Comment
Don't
Stop
Reading!!!

Thanks to all those that gave my story s chance. I hope you still do!!