Chapter 29 (Part One) - Changes

Start from the beginning

This day felt like it was never going to end and at this point there didn't seem to be much chance of assuaging it and I wanted nothing more then to just sleep it all away. Although with the pulsing in my head that warned me of an oncoming migraine, I had a feeling sleep wouldn't come easy to me tonight anyways, despite how exhausted and drained I was.

And anyways I'd told Jackson I would talk to Cherry tonight and maybe I'm a pushover but I always keep my word, even when people don't always deserve it. It was a curse I definitely hadn't adopted from my parents. The only loyalty they ever had was for each other.

"I have to." That made him roll his eyes and he let go of my arm in annoyance.

"That's bullshit, you don't have to do anything you don't want to."

I opened my mouth and defended my choice, still keeping my voice annoyingly robotic and level although it wasn't really by choice anymore. I just didn't have any energy to argue, I barely had enough to talk. "But I want to." There were many things I wanted to do at the moment, but talking to Cherry was not one of them.

He pulled away from me the moment the words fell out of my mouth, a sarcastic laugh spilling from his lips as he pressed the start button on the Lamborghini.

"Oh I get it," he said shaking his head in a pissed off manner as though he felt dumb for missing something so obvious. "Late night booty call with the cokehead."

"I've barely even talked to him since you and I started getting closer out of respect for you, because I knew if the roles were reversed I wouldn't like it if you were constantly with someone you used to hook up with. And I know you only said that because you're being an insecure little bîtch right now because of what just happened at the police station with West, so I'm going to be the mature one here and look passed it." I said, rolling my eyes at him.

It was mostly true, I'd partially slowed down on talking to Jackson because of the green room incident but I'd mostly forgiven him for that and had unrelatedly decided that I needed to break off whatever we had. That applied to everyone, including Mr. Santiago, although for that case it was a one time thing that only happened because I had a moment of weakness and I went through a phase where I read way too many student-teacher fantasy books when I was 16.

I hadn't even really broken off all these "things" because Slate and I were getting serious, it was more that the closer him and I got, the less I wanted to be with anyone else—even just physically.

And now it was all him. I had come to realize that outside of Nocturnal Night Club just a few hours ago. No one else has ever had the effect that Slate has on me and quite honestly I wouldn't want anyone but him to have that effect on me anyways. West was right, I had fallen and I had fallen deep and it was a hole I didn't want to climb out of, despite the repercussions it would probably have on me in the future. I'd accepted that I would never be the type of person who chose the easy or safe way a long time ago.

"Well at least robot Willow's gone." Slate said turning to me with a cheeky smile, which told me he'd only said the thing about the booty call to get a reaction out of me so I'd stop with the hollow responses. I couldn't blame him, I knew too well that it was awful to see the people you love look so empty. It didn't seem to fit right for me anymore anyways, it used to fit like a glove, I used to use it as a comfort blanket, as an escape but I was becoming more and more aware that things had changed—that I had changed. And I was becoming concerningly okay with it.

A/N

It's a half chapter but it's better than nothing lol. Part Two coming soon.

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, SUPPORT <3

LOVE Y'ALL FOR READING MY BOOK AND STICKING WITH ME DESPITE THE EXTREMELY LONG AMOUNTS OF TIME IVE BEEN MAKING Y'ALL WAIT FOR UPDATES RECENTLY! YOU THE REAL ONES

xoxoxoxoxo

-SlytherinAfff