Chapter 17 - Lights

Chapter 17 - Lights

I leaned against the kitchen counter and took a sip of my coffee, admiring the way Slate's back muscles tensed under his black t-shirt as he stretched to grab the bottle of aspirin from the cupboard. He handed me the bottle before turning away to pour milk and sugar into his coffee.

I poured two white pills into my hand and my stomach churned just staring at them. They looked way too similar to the pill Blondie gave me last night. I knew Slate would never try and drug me but I still didn't want to swallow another pill for a very long time. I poured the pills back into the bottle when Slate wasn't looking.

I'd already made my decision that I wasn't going to tell them what happened last night, I've been the damsel in distress too many times over the last month and I was over it. Before I met the boys I was always independent and I took care of myself and I wanted it to stay that way.

Telling the truth would only make them more angry and they'd want to find Blondie, so I would just lie and tell them a more tamed version of the story and act like it was no big deal, because it wasn't. I didn't want Blondie to get in trouble either, maybe I was too nice but I was fine aside from a tiny cut on my head.

I heard loud foot steps and soon Christian entered the kitchen wearing nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants that hung low on his waist, showing off the band of his Calvin Klein boxers. He was shirtless and I would've been lying if I said his body wasn't drool worthy. His abs were just as defined as Slate's, the only difference was that Christian was less tan but I still had to force my eyes away from his body. Christian winked at me when he saw me staring. Slate grabbed a cloth off the counter and threw it at Christian.

"Chris put a damn shirt on and stop trying to seduce my girl." Slate spoke, humour lacing his words. And god, I knew he was only teasing when he referred to me as 'his girl', but I could feel myself melting.

"Nah, I'm good." Christian grinned, walking over and grabbing Slate's fresh cup of coffee and taking a sip.

"Yeah, cool, I wasn't drinking that or anything." Slate said sarcasm dripping from his tone as he went over to the coffee maker and poured himself a new cup. Christian turned and gave me a wink before taking a seat at one of the bar chairs, Slate sat down next to him just a second later and soon we were enveloped in semi silence, the only noise being Rolex's soft snores and the humming from the refrigerator. They were both staring at me patiently and I knew exactly what they were waiting for, they wanted me to explain what happened last night. I released a small sigh as I went and sat down at the stool across the counter from them.

"There's not much to say, Cherry and I went out and then she ditched me and I guess somewhere along the way my drink got spiked." I said giving them a forced smile. There was no way I was going to tell them about the yacht and my parents kicking me out, they've done way more than enough for me and I wasn't planning to make myself a burden on them once again.

I'm planning to stay at the five star hotel I had Dorian drive my car to. I can afford it since I still have my credit card that gives me access to way more many than a girl my age could possibly need and I knew my parents well enough to know they wouldn't cancel it. Otherwise I'd have to live on the street, and although my parents are cruel and neglectful they aren't completely evil.

"Who was the guy on the phone?" Slate asked and I couldn't tell if he believed my explanation or not.

"I don't know? Probably the bartender, I left my phone on the bar at one point and I guess he answered it and said I was busy." The lie came out of my mouth so effortlessly that I almost believed it. I hated how easy it was, guilt slid down my spine; a familiar friend over the years.