Chapter 18 - Pinky Promise

Being jolted awake by the sound of a phone ringing and finding myself hanging off the hotel bed with only my legs still on the mattress was not the ideal way to wake up on a Monday morning. Then again, there is no ideal way to wake up on a Monday. I laid my head back down on the carpeted floor of the hotel room, not having any motivation to get up. The wall phone rung again and I groaned becoming annoyed by the incessant sound. With my eyes still closed I reached for the bedside table, grateful that I have long arms. I grabbed the phone and pulled it to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, my voice still heavy with sleep. When there was no answer, followed by the phone ringing again I finally opened my eyes to see that I was, in fact, holding a TV remote to my ear. I mumbled annoyed curses under my breath and reached for the phone right before it could ring a sixth time.

"Hello?" I repeated again, failing miserably at keeping the annoyance of being awake at such an ungodly hour, out of my voice.

"Good Morning Ms. Woods, this is the front desk calling to inform you that it's 7am. The man who booked your room a few days ago requested we give you a wake up call at this time every week day." A friendly female voice said from the other end of the phone and I immediately felt guilty for being rude.

"Oh okay, thank you." I replied kindly, before hanging up and pulling myself off the floor. I did my usual morning routine which consisted of showering, doing my hair—I decided to straighten it today—,doing my make up and getting changed.

I wore a cute light blue stitched crop top and a pair of ripped high waisted black jeans. I stuffed my books and completed homework into my maraschino bag and slipped on a pair of black flats before making my way out of my room and into the elevator.

I still had half an hour until school started so I decided to stop at the apple store and get myself a new phone since my other phone is...out of order.

I chose to keep the same number solely incase my brother tried to get in contact with me, but I couldn't help getting slightly nervous about the fact that it meant whoever sent me the picture of myself tied up would still be able to easily contact me.

I pulled up to the front of the school ten minutes before the first bell was going to ring and found an empty spot right near the front doors. I suddenly felt subconscious as I stepped out of my bright red Ferrari that stuck out like a sore thumb amongst all the ordinary black and silver sedans.

I heard someone whistle loudly followed by the sound of boys laughing but I did my best to keep my head down as I walked towards the school entrance, hoping that the whistle wasn't directed at me.

"You're Willow, right?" One of the guys called out, causing me to stop walking and turn around. Only a couple feet away from me stood a group of five boys and they were all giving me charming smiles. They all looked very familiar, and I immediately knew they were part of the "popular group", although I didn't know any of their names. They had a sort of preppy vibe going for them and although I've always gone more for the bad boys, these guys knew how to work it.

"Yeah I am, hey..." I trailed off locking eyes with the brown haired boy who had clearly been the one who called my name a couple of seconds ago. He wore beige chinos and a maroon polo that hugged his tall, slightly muscular body expertly.

"Preston." He replied filling in the blank for me and I almost snorted at how stereotypical his name is. When he saw my clear amusement he laughed along too, surprising me.

"I'm just kidding, I'm Matt. Sorry that was an awful joke." He said giving me a warm smile which I returned. His four other friends introduced themselves to me too, and then walked away so they could go check out my car, leaving just Matt and I.