Found Him

Millie's POV:

I wait in the front of the mall for Sadie and Noah to arrive, freezing my ass off in the 5 degree weather. Eventually I spot a familiar car pulling up in front of me. I smile as Noah and Sadie both jump out of the car and wave goodbye to whoever drove them. "Hey guys." I say, my voice shaky from the cold. "Hey, we should get inside to talk. It's freezing out here." Sadie replies while gesturing towards the front doors. Noah and I nod and follow her up the stairs leading inside. Once the wave of warmth hits my body I take off Finn's hoodie and tie it around my waist. "Okay so Romeo told Finn you were going to break up with him?" Noah asks curiously as we walk through the mall's entrance. "Yeah, and he believed him. Romeo thought it was me who called him so he was just messing around." I explain, hoping they'll believe the truth. "So it was just a misunderstanding?" Sadie adds, I nod as she and Noah exchange looks. "What? You don't believe me?" I question while frowning. "No, no! It's not that, just trying to understand what happened." Noah replied, Sadie nodding with him. "So Romeo said that and then Finn just..broke up with you?" Sadie questions, throwing her hands up. "Yeah, I guess." I answer sheepishly, not wanting to think about the sadness and meaningfulness in his voice when he said it. "Here Millie, you get what you came for, a break up."  The words echoing in my head sends shivers down my spine. "Okay well here's the plan: I'll take the food court and first floor, Noah you take second floor, and Millie you can do third since that's the floor with all the stores he likes." Sadie explains, Noah and I nod in agreement before going our separate ways.

Sadie's POV:

Straight away I start walking to the food court after we part into three different directions, all of us having our assigned areas to cover. Why the food court first? Well if it were me in this situation, I'd 100% eat my feelings until I couldn't feel anything at all. Once I enter the food court I scan the large room full of smells of various cultures and spices. I decide to ask Millie what his favorite type of food is so I can narrow the options. 

SinkinSadie: What is Finn's fav type of food?

Mi11ster: He really likes 'Chick-Fil-A' if that helps.

I look up from the new found information and once again scan the restaurants around me, luckily I find the iconic Chick-Fil-A sign in the corner of the food court. 

SinkinSadie: Great help, thx.

Mi11ster: Anytime.

I stuff my phone back into my pocket before heading over to Chick-Fil-A, secretly hoping I'll be the one to find him like it's hide and seek. My first thought is to go up to one of the workers and ask them if they've seen him, so I do. "Excuse me, have you seen a teenage boy; curly dark brown hair, lots of freckles, kinda pale?" I ask, explaining his most dominant features. The worker nods and points over to a boy sitting at the farthest table away, scrolling through his phone and eating chicken nuggets. "Thank you." I add before rushing over to him, the boy becoming more and more familiar as I get closer. "Hey Finn." I say gently, sitting in the chair across from him. "Not now Sadie, it's kinda a bad time." He replies calmly, not looking up from his screen. "I know about the break up." I add, his eyes glance up at me but quickly shoot back down as he stays silent. "Listen Finn, the reason I'm here is because Millie called Noah and I to help find you." I explain, he still stays silent. "How did you find me?" He asks, breaking the silence. "If I were you I'd be eating my feelings, and Millie said Chick-Fil-A was your favorite, guess she was right." I add, gesturing to the half eaten box of chicken nuggets. "If you think I want to see her, let alone talk to her, you're very wrong." He says sternly, now looking at me. 

"Finn it was just a misundersta-" I say before he scoffs, "Misunderstanding? Please Sadie, how dumb do you think I am? I know what Romeo said and I know that Millie was just letting him tell me because she doesn't know how to fucking break up with someone!" He scolds, letting out a shaky breath afterwards. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out, for once in my life I'm at a lost of words. How can you even begin to reply to that? Obviously he won't believe a word I say if I'm defending Millie. After a few seconds of me looking like an idiot with my mouth still acting like it'll move Finn had enough of my silence. "Bye Sadie. Thanks for caring and all but I'm not going to come running back to her after one talk with you. This isn't some book, or movie, it's reality. So get used to it." He says roughly before taking his box, dropping a $10 on the table, and speeding far into the mall as I sit there paralyzed.