Help

Millie's POV:

If I'm going to be completely honest with Finn all the time, I'll have to admit I've been texting and Facetiming Romeo ever since the IT Premier. Of course not hours on end but..for like, one hour..or two, okay maybe more. But who cares? I'm with Finn and Romeo knows that so I don't see the big deal. Plus I'd never like Romeo like that; okay fine, maybe once in my life I did but not now! Finn is everything to me. Like last night, we confessed our love for each other. I mean what else could mean "I'm not interested" more than that? Sure, Romeo has done some slightly flirtatious things before like winking and complimenting me.. I don't think he likes me though. Regardless I should tell Finn even though he may or may not rage.

I take a deep breath as I think over everything in my head while staring at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. "Millie it'll be fine, he'll be fine, we'll be fine. Just chill." I say aloud, trying to convince myself what I'm saying is true. "Why can't I just do this on a day where it isn't one of our last 'days off'?" I ask myself while groaning. I roll my eyes while pulling my hair gently, frustrated with myself. "Okay, it's now or never." I add before speeding out of my bathroom, through my bedroom and into the living room. "Morning Millie, sleep well?" Mum asks with a smile as she makes pancakes. "Yep, just great. Is it alright if I go see Finn for a bit? I have to talk to him about a scene were doing tomorrow." I lie, already making my way towards the door. "Good luck!" She replies, knowing I'd go even if she refused to let me. With the good to go I walk a few steps to the condo next door before knocking. Within seconds a man with a gray and white beard shows up at the door, a cheery smile on his face. "Why hello Millie, what can I do ya for?" Finn's Dad asks while gesturing for me to come in. "Just here to see Finn, is he busy?" I reply, putting my acting skills to good use as I hide my anxiety. Just as Mr. Wolfhard opens his mouth to speak Finn walks into the room from the hallway while staring at his phone, not bothering to look up. "Hey dad who was at the door?" Finn questions curiously. I clear my throat at an attempt to get his attention, surprisingly it works. "Oh, hey Millie." He says with a smile as he stares at me. "Hey, I wanted to talk about a scene if you're not too busy." I reply in a hopeful tone. Finn stuffs his phone into his pocket while shrugging agreeably, already heading to his room. "Good to see ya Millie!" His dad shouts as I enter Finns room, I wave before closing the door.

"So what scene do you want to talk about?" Finn asks while sitting down on his bed, me following the same actions. "Um well, I didn't really wanna talk about a scene per say." I reply guilty, he furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "Then what did you want to talk about?" He questions calmly. I sigh knowing this won't be easy to break it to him. "Well uh, I have to tell you something." I start, he raises his eyebrows to let me know I have his full attention. Great... "Finn I- I um..." I stutter, I stare down at my fidgeting hands not baring to look at him. "I've been talking to Romeo."

Finn's POV:

My eyes widen at the sudden use of that prick's name in a sentence. "W-What?" I croak out, still in disbelief. "You heard me." Millie says calmly, not daring to look at me. Millions of questions float in my head yet almost none can be reached. "Since when? Are you still?" I ask in a hopeful tone that it was just for one day or something stupid like that, but why would she be telling me if it was a one time thing? She bites her lip obviously not wanting to say what she about to. "Um, about that... ever since the IT premier. First texting and now sometimes FaceTime." Millie explains in a soft, quiet tone. I slowly shake my head in disbelief, that stupid preppy boy always ruins everything. "And your telling me this now?" I question while standing up from my bed, my voice getting louder than I anticipated. Her body jumps at the sudden escalation but her expression stays the same ashamed and guilty way. "It's not like I'm cheating on you." I hear Millie mumble under breath, most likely expecting me to not hear her. "Feels like it- at least to me." I add, she just stays silent. "Do you.." I say, really not wanting to ask for the answer could destroy me. "Do you like him?" I finally say, she lifts up her head so I can finally see her beyond confused face, complimented with red eyes like she's been holding back tears. 

"What?" Millie asks. "You heard me Millie." I say, she shifts her eyes from my shirt to my window, still not daring to look into my eyes. "I don't think so." She whispers like she's telling herself that more than me. "Think so?" I repeat, throwing my hands up in the air. "Millie last night we finally said I love you so you decide today of all days would be the best to drop this stupid Beckham bomb on me?" I scold. I try to calm myself by pacing the room, holding the top of my head with my hands. Silence fills the space between us for a solid 10 seconds. "Talk." I say calmly, pausing my pacing. "I don't know what to say. I'm sorry? He's just a friend, I'd never like him like that. Romeo may like me but it's not mutual, I swear." Millie explains, I just begin pacing again, this time at a slower speed. "Can you call him, now?" I ask in my most trustworthy voice ever. "I'm pretty sure he's at tennis practice." She replies casually. Of course she'd know when he would have tennis practice. "Please." I add making her give in, handing me her phone.

 I tap her FaceTime and then go to recents, the first three on the list is: Romeo, Noah, and Sadie. Romeo being the latest one. I reluctantly click on his name and it begins ringing. Soon enough 'Mr. Prefect' shows up in the screen followed by, "Hey beautiful, thought you were gonna go breakup with your BF." He says with a chuckle, not bothering to see who's on the other end. I look over at Millie, betrayal running through my blood. "He's joking, I'd never-" Millie starts before being cut off. "Finn?!? Oh shit, I'm sorry man I was just messing with ya. I-I didn't know it was you." Romeo admits sincerely though his smirk says otherwise. "Here Millie, you get what you came for, a break up." I say, handing the phone back to her and leaving my room. "What's going on?" Dad asks as I storm out the condo. "I'll be back in an hour." I reply not wanting to explain. I shut the door behind me and jog down to the staircase, afraid Millie will come after me. Though she's probably just thanking Romeo for doing the harder part of breaking up. Pathetic.

Millie's POV:

I watch as Finn rushes out of the room, too angry to close the door. "What's going on?" His dad asks concerned, Finn says something that is inaudible to me until he slams the front door shut as he leaves. "Millie..you um, you okay?" Romeo asks, still on the call. "Don't act like your sorry for me, you're jumping for joy. So shut the fuck up Romeo." I snap before ending the call, amazed at my new found confidence. Did I really just tell Romeo Beckham off?  My thoughts get interrupted by Mr. Wolfhard standing in the doorway, "Millie..is everything alright?" He asks kindly. "Do you know where Finn went?" I say not bothering to answer his question. "Um no, but he said he'd be back in an hour." He replies, still concerned. "Okay thank you, I'm really sorry but I have to go." I say while grabbing one of Finn's hoodies from the ground and racing out of the condo, throwing the hoodie on as I go. Why do I need his hoodie? Because it's below 10 degrees out there and I'm in too much of a rush to grab the one he gave me. It's only when I step outside the lobby and into the Atlanta city that I realize it's one of Finn's brand hoodies, specifically the black one with him holding a guitar along with FINN written next to him. Great! Way to be undercover and not to mention subtle. I groan to myself as I flip up the hoodie, hoping no fans or photographers are near.

"Okay Millie, mission: Find Finn is a go." I whisper to myself while I fidget with my ring inside the hoodie's one gigantic pocket. A sudden pain fills me as everything sinks in to my skin. Finn broke up with you, you're not together. Get it? Fillie isn't real! He doesn't want to talk to you, yet look at yourself; Wearing a stolen hoodie from your ex and not switching your ring back to 'not taken,' oh and also looking for him in one of the hugest cities in Georgia when he doesn't want to be found. Truly pathetic. I drown my hurtful thoughts out by snapping back to reality, no matter if he doesn't want to be found, he will get the opposite. After about 20 minutes of searching the most common places, thankfully not getting noticed. I begin to get desperate enough to even consider asking people if they've seen him. Yeah I know, I'm mental. "If I was Finn Wolfhard, where would I be after the girl I loved broke my heart?" I question aloud, and wow does it really sounds bad when you actually say it. I scan the area around me, reading various shop names and sales until one particular building catches my eye. "The mall." I whisper under my breath. If I'm going to attempt to find him, I'll need some help to clear some land. I take out my phone to the notification of 5 miss calls from Romeo, ignoring them I tap on Noah and Sadie's contacts before creating a 3 person call. "Hello?" I say as I hear shuffling coming from both ends. "Hey Mills, what's up?" Noah asks followed by Sadie, "Yo, yo." I sigh before answering, "I need your guys help."