Part 4

6:57 am.
Ding!
Ding!
Ding!
I slowly roll over to see 3 texts from Frank.

Messages:
Frank: SHELBYYYYY
Frank: call me when you cannn
Frank: I needddd to tell you somethingggg

All of a sudden, my mum bursts into my room holding a laundry basket.
"Why are you smiling at your phone?"
"Oh,no reason," I shut down my phone and start straightening my tangled rose hair.

I choose to wear a white tennis skirt paired with a grid print crop top, camouflage jacket and black converse trainers.
Once I've got ready for school, I head over to the bus stop where I meet Megan and Connie.
Ding!
Frank has texted me again.
Message:
Frank: I'm calling you
Brrr!
My phone starts ringing but I put it back in the pocket of my camouflage jacket.
"Are you gonna answer that.." Connie scowls.
"No," I smile at her.
"Who even was that anyway, let me see your phone," Megan adds, grabbing my phone from my pocket. "Who is Frank? Your boyfriend?"
"He's just a friend I met a couple of days ago," I say, taking back my phone and answering it. "Hello?"
"Shelby!" Frank shouts as Megan and Connie exchange glances. "I'm across the road from you!"
I look up and to my surprise, Frank is stood by a bench waving at me.
"Isn't that the new guy," Connie murmurs to Megan, twirling her long black curls around her graceful fingers. Frank runs over to greet me, and Connie looks him up and down.
"Shelby, what are you doing with a guy like this? We both thought you'd be into someone like Brandon Emery, but instead you're into this piece of shit!" Connie snorts, Megan remaining silent.4
"Did I say that I'm into him?" I choke, looking her up and down.
"It's obvious that you are.Its the way you two look at eachother, you look at him like he's some sort of luxury!" Connie retorts, grabbing her orchid-purple bag. "The bus is here already, lets go."

"Shelby," frank starts, gazing out of the bus window."do some songs ever remind you of colours?"
"Sometimes, it depends what the lyrics are," I mumble, picking up my bag and putting it on the seat next to me. "I can also relate songs to people."
"Same. Like , I don't know if you know the song, Wonderwall by Oasis."
"Mmm," I smirk.
"Well, it reminds me of you, and also the song kaleidoscope eyes by Panic! At The Disco- it reminds me of your eyes," he blushes.
"That is so sweet!" I giggle, cleaning my glasses.
The bus stops outside of my school, dodging a flock of pigeons.
"I'll see you later," I say, quickly kissing his cheek and sprinting off.

Music class has always been my favourite lesson-even though I can only play a few songs on the piano, I'm quite good at it to be honest.
"Alright class, today I'm going to let you choose an instrument to play in front of the class. So feel free to go on your mobiles to maybe look up some chords or something. Get started!" Miss Hassan says, chewing her gum sloppily. Just in time, I grab a keyboard and turn it on.
"Shelby," I feel a tap on my shoulder and hesitantly turn around. Connie. Why the fuck does she want to say to me after she was mean to Frank earlier?
"I saw that kiss on the bus earlier. You obviously do like him!"
"Can you just leave me alone," I utter under my breath.
"Speak up," she sniggers, combing through her charcoal curls.
"I said leave me alone."