Part 2

"Frank...right?" I ask, admiring his constellation drawings that had been scattered around the floor.
"Y-yes... you?"he stutters.
"Shelby. Shelby Moore," I say, my eye twitching.
"Shelby? That's such a cool name!" He smirks, eyes lighting up.It's almost as if his smile is contagious; it made me smile too.
"Shelllllllby," he says, fascinated by the sound of it.
"Thank you! I laugh, pushing my rose hair away from my face.
"Do you want to come over after school?" Frank offers," I really want to get to know you."
"Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Is your parents okay with that?" I ask.
"Yes of course. In fact, my mum would like the company; she gets bored of me," he replies, slightly frowning."you see that tree over there? Meet me straight after school there, okay!" He points.
"Bye!" I say, waving.

3:45. Straight after math. By the tree.
"Shelby!" He mouths,eyes Glimmering . "Guess what!"
"What is it? I say, staggering over to the tree.
"My mum said that we can make cookies tonight."
"Little problem. I've never made cookies," I respond.
"I can teach you!" He laughs. "It's super easy once you get the hang of it."
"Well I'm excited to try it!" I giggle.

Frank picks up a large mixing bowl, a spoon, flour, eggs, choc chips, vanilla essence and places them on the marble counter. " You ready?"
"Yep lets get started," I say, tying my hair into a loose ponytail.
"Right, first we need to cream the butter and the sugar," he says, throwing them into the bowl. " which basically means just smooshing them together."
Grabbing the golden butter and the sugar, I start to hum a green day song, then attempt to kneed the ingredients together.
"Here, let me help you," frank says, his voice as soft as silk. He then grips my hands gently and starts moving the ingredients together.
"You have really warm hands," I blush, looking up at his twinkling eyes.
"Do I?" He grins, looking back down on me. "Well anyway I think the creaming is do- Shelby you've got some on your nose."
" wow that's embarrassing," I howl, as frank grabs a tissue and wipes it away.
"You're so cute," Frank erupts in laughter, like a sweet melody. "I'm sorry that I just said that but it's true!"
"Why do you think that," I laugh blissfully.
"Because you just are so cute, like when you had the mix on your nose, my heart exploded," he chuckles even harder.
"Shut up," I howled again, pulling him in for a hug.
"Lets get on with these cookies."
"Anyway, so the- ," Frank erupts in laughter again, his voice cracking," I'm sorry."
"Carry on," I bubbled.
"Then you combine the egg and the vanil-stop making me laugh!" He laughs.
"Frank!" I exclaim, passing the egg and vanilla.

"Finally," I sigh as frank opens the oven. "How long did that take us?"
"Ages," he laughs, placing the tray into the sizzling oven and high fiving me. "We did good, partner."