District 12 High School

All Characters and locations belong to Suzzane Collins. I own nothing.

My name is Katniss Everdeen. I live in district 12 in Panem with my mother and stepfather, Haymitch Abernathy. My Father and little sister died in a car crash 6 years ago. I have four friends, Annie, Finnick, Johanna, Gale and my cousin Clove. Finnick and Annie are together and Gales my boyfriend but its not perfect. Gale can't hold his rage amd takes it out on me. My arms are covered with bruses and only Finnick knows who does it. When I go to school I'll wear long sleeve shirts or put makeup over them. Anyway, at school everyone calls us the Victors because none of our parents own there own shops or are rich unlike the Careers. The group made up of Glimmer Stacks, Cato Clives, Marvel Lee, Delly Cartwright her boyfriend Peeta Mellark. Peeta and Glimmer are the worst. Glimmer really has no mercy. Once in P.E she stole my clothes and hung them on the flag pole. Not really bad but still. And Peeta? He just loves to see me suffer. But my friends help me stay strong.

Finnick and I have art together. As we walk in he had to ask meabout Gale but I don't want to talk about him.

"So, do you know what to do about Gale?" he asked as we sat down. I really don't know what to do about Gale. I'm too scared to tell anybody.

"No, I'l think of something, don't worry." I said as I teacher Miss Trinket walked in.

"Alright class. Today you will work with a partner I give you." Ohh, great. I never get Finnick as my partner. "Okay, Finnick and James, Sara with Delly, Steve with Carrie, Katniss with Peeta.". What! Not him.

"No. No way in hell will I be his partner!" I yelled standing up pointing at Peeta.

"Katniss please. You can work with Peeta or get an F. Your coice." she said.

I sighed and sat down next to Peeta. Why Peeta and why me?

"Class, you will draw something that reminds you of your partner. You have two hours time. I forgot, both my first periods are art. A picture that reminds me of Peeta? I don't think I could write "Peetas a dick or Peetas an asshole." Well, he always smells good. Like sweet bread and ginger. I could draw his familiy bakery. So I do. After about 20 minutes I'm finish and so is Peeta but he won't let me see.

"Alright class, show your partner your drawing." Miss Trinket said with her abnormaly high voice. Show Peeta my drawing? He'll laugh for sure. I did do a pretty good job though. I can draw easy stuff like buildings but no humans or animals.

"If you laugh I swear to god we'll have a big problem." I warned as I showed him my picture. He just smiled. Smiled? Just like when we were kids.

FLASHBACK

"I was walking to Mellark Bakery with crayons and paper because Peeta and I were going to draw some stuff. Dads in the mines right now and Prim is at home with mom working in out little garden in the backyard. Then I saw Peeta sitting outside waiting for me.

"Hey KitKat."' he said smiling. KitKat was my nickname that only Peeta could call me.

"Hey Peeta. Ready to go. I can stay out untill 6 today." I said. Normaly I'm only allowed out untill 5 but its summer and days last longer and I'm with Peeta.

"Sure, we gotta pick up Finnick and Annie first." he said standing up. Finnick and Annie were our best friends.

We walked to Annie's house but she came running outside. "That is soooo gross!" she yelled.

"Whats wrong?" Peeta asked. She had to catch her breath first.

My mom and dad were kissing!" she said with a grossed out face. What was so wrong with that?

"Whats your problem? My mom and dad kiss all the time." I said. It was true. My parents are like madly in love but I'm happy for them. Even thought some nights I hear weird noises coming from they're room. Strange.

"Still." she said. We walked to Finnick's and picked him up. Then we walked to the playground.

"Hey, Peeta. Have you told her yet?" Finnick asked. Peeta's face went red as if he knew what Finnick was talking about.

"Shut up Finn." he mumbled. I was abit worried. Was something wrong?

"Told who what Peeta?" I asked. He started to blush.

"Nothing, everythings fine." he said. Finnick smiled and looked at me funny.

"What? He didn't tell you? He's madly in love with you. Every time I'm at his house all he talks about is you." Finnick said smiling.

Peeta blushed even more and looked away. He loves me. Why? And do I love him?

FLASHBACK END

"Katniss!" I was pulled out of my thoughts by Peeta. He was showing me him drawing. It was a beautiful forest and in the background a sunset. The picture was made up mostly of out favorite colours, orange and green.

"Peeta, its beautiful. This reminds you of me? I thought you hated me?" I said.

"No, I don't. You were my best friend and I want our friendship back." he said. Was he serious or was this just a joke?