"Alpha Ivan" Roma greeted him back "Please have a seat, we were just having a drink, would you like to have some?" she offered.

Ivan looked at the glass on the table that Sebastian had left and took a whiff he did not even have to move closer to the glass and then smiled "A true Russian drink!" he exclaimed "make mine on the rocks" he instructed Sebastian.

Sebastian walked over to pour this alpha his drink.

"So Alpha Ivan" Roma started, not wasting any time "Not that I am complaining but what brings you here?"

Ivan smiled and Sebastian walked over to him and handed him his glass. Ivan took a sip and sighed in satisfaction.

"My actions today would have surprised you at the council" Ivan said, keeping his drink down "But, I saw an immense opportunity that could be mutually beneficial and took it" he explained.

"How so?" Roma asked, wanting to hear how it would be beneficial for both of them.

"The world council as you know Roma has six seats out of which Europe, Asia & Africa were controlled by you" He started "So the other three, Americas, Australia and Russia were usually the balancing force or the check mechanism. But even then you could never get a true majority on any action against Roma as you control fifty percent of the council. And Roma could shoot down any proposal that was against their best interest as they controlled fifty percent of the votes. So really it was a fine balance of negotiations from both sides on any issue that got majority vote, which essentially was a bad thing."

"But Gordon was ambitious everyone knew that and he was looking at ways to tilt the scale of power to his side. He even mulled a proposal to split the Americas seat in to two, north and south, that way he would get two seats and both firmly under him would help him secure votes in his favor better." Ivan explained.

"Today when the council was in session, it was one of the proposal he put forward highlighting the dangers of monarchy controlling fifty percent of the votes" He said "And let me tell you he had us almost convinced" Ivan confessed.

"And then you show up and with your speech, slowly but surely you destroy him and his entire credibility and for the first time in the history of the council a ruling chair is impeached...do you know how many times a sitting chair was impeached? Never! And you have it done...and if that was not enough you kill him in cold blood in the chamber...which is a violation of every code of agreement in the treaty ever" Ivan stated.

"He attacked me" Roma defended.

"Let's not play these games Roma" Ivan said calmly "You came prepared, you expected him to do it...you ensured he did it...you did not have to mention you had his granddaughter killed he could have come to know of it later...but you had to let him know in the chamber because you wanted him to lose control, it's a master stroke I assure you, this way you don't take the entire blame." Ivan added

"But, that does not excuse you for your action of killing him, he could have been restrained, tried for his actions and sentence passed collectively by the council but no...you had to do it on your own...like a typical monarch."

Roma narrowed her eyes.

"I had two choices present in the council, condemn you and your action of killing the alpha in gross violation of the rules of the treaty."

"I was attacked first, my convoy was attacked, and he jumped to kill me." Roma added stubbornly.

"Yes we all are in fifth grade...he said...she said...blah, blah" Ivan said dismissively and added in seriousness "You and I both know we could have had a different outcome if you wanted." And then he sighed and added "What's done is done"