🌹 Chapter Twelve

Beyoncé felt his lips on hers. She felt the whole world stops and all she can feel is him and the butterflies in her stomach. Her heart skipped a beat or two. It was slow but passionate and deep. Is it the right time to let him love her? Is it time to be in a relationship again? But what if he turns to be Marcus? Beyoncé is scared that he might change and be like his ex but Shawn won't, as he says. Would she believe him?

Beyoncé felt her hands on his chest, feeling the moment despite she wanted to push him off her. Shawn finally leaned back, knowing that she wouldn't kiss back and look deeply in her shining eyes. He wiped some of the tears that fell from her heavenly eyes.

"Shawn.. I.. I don't.." She was cut off by Shawn, placing his arms around her and hugging her tight. "I don't think I'm ready.." She lowly said.

He sighed and nodded his head as he hugged her. He expected her saying that due to her experience from her last relationship. "I'm not rushing Beyoncé. I just want you to know that I'll be here whenever you need me. I'll show you that I'm the man you deserve. I'll prove it to you."

Beyoncé smiled from what he just said. The man I deserve, kept playing in her head. Her smile instantly came to a frown, thinking that he's just using these words just to get her then change like Marcus. She knew that she's done with Marcus, but the things that he'd done to her is not yet forgotten and forgiven. I'll prove it to you, would he really? Will she believe him? How will she know that he's not lying?

"Shawn.." She called softly, being comfortable with the warm hug he's giving her. "You won't hurt me right?" Beyoncé felt her tears coming back again, remembering the things Marcus had done to her.

It was late at night and Beyoncé attended a party that Meek threw and Nicki invited her. Beyoncé got home around one-thirty in the morning or so. She was greeted by her she-love-so-much boyfriend with a beer in his hand, sitting in one of the barstool waiting for her.

"Where the fuck have you been?" It was the first thing he had said since she came in the house. Before she could say anything, his fist met the jaw of her lovely face and she fell to the ground. With that, Marcus did everything to her, even though Beyoncé wouldn't want to. All he did to her was against her will. The more she begged to stop, the more he hurt her. She cried for help, but no one came.

"I won't. I promise you." Shawn softly said to her as Beyoncé came back to reality. Promise, she heard too many of that and ended up being broken. She heard too many of that from Marcus, that he wouldn't do that and this again to her. Being the so-in-love she is, she believed and look where it gotten her. Would she really believe him?

"I don't want to be the broken hearted girl anymore." She muttered to herself and Shawn heard it. Beyoncé was full of damage and Shawn will fix her, he will. Shawn pulled away from the hug and cupped her cheeks with his hand and looked at her.

"And you won't." He said. Somehow, it relieves her that someone will finally treat her right and that person is Shawn. She managed to give him a smile but weak and savor the moment, despite her past still came to her mind and couldn't stop thinking about it.

*

Beyoncé is on her duty and she will be off after an hour. Being a waitress wasn't that hard but it is when you're dealing with hard headed people, those people who likes to complain because of something. For them, customers are always right but for her, it wasn't. Your customers are not always right but they are your customers so you gotta do what you have to do to satisfy them.

"Beyoncé!" She was greeted by Paris. "You got customer! Table six." Paris said as she smiled at her. "Oh and Table ten, damn. They look hot."

The last part made her laugh. It was just her third month as being a waitress but she felt she knew Paris already since Paris had a big mouth and couldn't stop talking. She's always into guys and sometimes she hit them up.