You Again

Intro

It was a warm summers night, colored lights of red, yellow and green flickering over the beautiful New Orleans evening. Loud jazz music with an electronic lace, pulsed through the undead bodies that danced around the courtyard. Another one of Marcels' ravish parties for his undead army was in full swing. Marcel, a clever man with a dark deviant smile, sat at the bar with his mentor Niklaus. The two swallowed shots of moonshine as if it were water. As the warmth and tingles of the alcohol settled into their systems, Marcel sparked up a topic he had been holding over Nicklaus.

Marcel arched his dark eyebrow up his deep rich voice carefully wording his next statement "I have a surprise for you." The words echoed through Niklaus.

"A surprise brother," Nicklaus said with a hint of interest peaking in his British accent. "I thought we didn't keep secrets from each other."

"Oh but it is not secret," Marcel says swallowing another shot straight from the bottle, and clears his throat, "You see, what I have for you is a whom, that I know you will be very interested in."

"A mysterious person?" Niklaus asks with a chuckle, he quizzically held the bottle of moonshine that Marcel had passed to him.

He thought to himself of all the people he had betrayed, and all the people who would be worth seeing. He had either killed them all or had them killed by another, so he was indeed curious.

"Come with me and I will show you," Marcel said with a wicked smile. The men both rose from their spot at the bar, Marcel lead Nicklaus to the basement of the French Quarter. Nicklaus looking back realizing that Marcels' bodyguards hovered over them like protective puppy dog. Nicklaus did not mind, as he knew the men would not stand a chance against him. Trotting down the stairs a mysterious door Nicklaus had not seen before appeared on his right.

Marcel stretched out his hands, welcoming Nicklaus to where ever he was and says, "Welcome to my private storing hall!"

The basement had white walls, and Plexiglas doors leading into rooms that looked almost like a clean prison. This was a drastic opposite to the brick exterior of the French Quarter. Bright lights shone from the ceiling, insulting Nicklaus's eyes making him have to squint to adjust. Marcel walked to one door, and typed in a code on a keypad. The door immediately opened with a click and a sound of a puff of air released, signifying that the room was pressure controlled. Inside the dull, but well-lit room lay a lonely casket.

"You may do the honors," Marcel said to Niklaus waving him over to the deep red mahogany casket.

Niklaus looked at Marcel cautiously still unsure if he should trust him, then gently ran his hand across the beautiful wood of the casket. Very carefully he lifted the top and inside lay a dead body. A woman, a very familiar dead woman.

Flashes of light, happiness, laughter, and love flew past his mind as he looked upon the women in the casket. Was this a joke? This could not be her in the flesh. I thought her to be dead by now. "Sarafina?" Klaus whispered in astonishment his lip almost, almost letting out a muted tremble. "Yes the one and only," Marcel answered proudly flashing a teeth filled smile.

"Where did you find her?" Niklaus continues as he stared at Sarafina, he drew one hand into the casket to brush a blonde curl from her face.

"She just came into town one day, terrorizing the town, I had to put her in here." Marcel said.

"How long ago was this?" Klaus asked still dazed as he stared at this woman's face, a woman he betrayed, a woman he never thought he would see again. Correction, a woman he didn't deserve to see again.

"Why haven't you been feeding her?" Klaus said his emotions switching, he became enraged, "She is not an animal you can just keep frozen."

"Chill, Chill," Marcel said putting his hands up defensively, "I had to stop feeding her, she was on a witch hunt to find you, when she found out you weren't here she went berserk. Killing people in the streets! I had to do what was best for my people."

"Looking for me?" Klaus asks bewildered, "How long ago was this?"

Marcel paused to think taking his hand up to rub the creases in his forehead, for a dark handsome man in his late 20s Marcel was wise beyond his years, "Maybe about 20 or 30 years." Marcel said nonchalantly. Klaus finally turned his attention from Sarafina to Marcel.

Klaus's face went from bewilderment to callous in the flash of a second. His stern face grew a sickening pale, as he stared Marcel directly in his eyes "30 years and you haven't mentioned this to me once." Klaus said his tone bloodthirsty.

"I'm taking her." he shouted a feral look in his eyes. Slamming the casket closed he pulled it behind him. Behind him Marcel and his friends just watched. Marcel had a wild smile on his face as he watched Klaus leave.

Was he thrilled that his mentor was reunited with his one true love, or was he sinfully pleased in himself that Klaus now would be distracted?