~ Memories ~

Zach's P.O.V

It's Friday. Friday used to be my favourite day, mainly because Autumn and I would go to her house, or my house. But now... my life feels empty. But maybe it was the right decision, you know, to break up, but it still feels wrong. For the past week, I have been staring at my phone trying to decide if I should text Autumn or delete her number. You're probably wondering why we broke up, don't worry, you will find out eventually. But I didn't know whether I could trust her so I guess things just ended up like this. Ugh, I just feel so mad right now! I throw my phone across the room and run to the walls. I don't know what came over me but I start punching the walls till my knuckles bleed. I keep punching and punching and punching until all of the anger inside of me is gone. Look what you did to me, Autumn Anderson. I fell in love with you but now everything has gone wrong. Why did it have to end up this way? Maybe it is for the better, but I don't see how yet. I'm a mess. I need to fix my bloody mess before anyone sees. I walk upstairs to go find some bandages and wrap them around my knuckles. I don't feel like doing anything right now, so I walk up to my room and just lay on my bed, thinking of my memories with Autumn. I know that is a really bad thing to do, but how could I forget her when I am still in love with her? I close my eyes and hope sleep will come fast.

"Wow, you look amazing," I say to my sweet angel because she really does, with the sun shining on her face turning it golden, I look down at her with so much affection I think I might burst. She seems to hold my gaze before I beckoning her forward into the forest. Oh, I can't wait till she sees the setup I have for our date! Well, we may only be 'faking' but I think that this date will be as real as ever. When my sunshine sees the picnic, she screams in delight. Her happiness fills my heart with joy.

"Zach, this is amazing!" She turns towards me with and excited delight in her eyes. Oh, her chocolate eyes that are so very sweet.

I wake up breathing hard. Feeling like I have lost everything. Then I remember. I remember that I have. I have lost everything because Autumn was my everything. My sunshine. God, what have I done to myself! How could I be so naïve as to think that someone as beautiful and amazing as Autumn would ever stay with me? No, she just wanted someone else. But I trusted her! All this contemplating and remembering is making my head hurt. I pull my hands up to my face and realised that they are still bandaged. I give a big moan as I realise that they will be bruised for the next few weeks.

~~~~~~~~

"Zach," I felt someone nudge me so I roll over onto my side and pull the sheets over my head.

"Zach!" I think it's my mum, I can't really tell since I am half asleep. I could hardly get any sleep last night. Every time I fell asleep, I would get some sort of dream or nightmare about Autumn, until I finally got to sleep peacefully - which felt like only three hours ago.

"What? It's Saturday, I get to sleep in" I throw the pillow onto my head.

"We're going to the beach with the Anderson's" that's when I freaked. My parents don't know that Autumn and I broke up! They don't know anything. Do I tell them? Why does my mum have to be friends with Autumn's mum?

"Um, I can't" I try to think of an excuse to not see Autumn, so I cough, "I'm sick", I cough again.

"I thought you would jump at the chance to see Autumn again," she shows a confused face, "Zach, is there something you aren't telling me?"

"No, mum, everything is fine. I just don't want to make her sick, because... I love... her" Ok well, I still love her, but I probably won't be forgiving her anytime soon.

"Oh, ok honey. Well, I'll see you when I come back from meeting up with the Andersons. Love you, bye!" Mum responds before grabbing her bag and rushing out the door.

"Oh, and I'll tell Autumn that you were sick so you couldn't come!" I hear her shout before locking the front door behind her. I give a groan at her last comment and pull my covers back over my face.

Only, if Zach had gone to the beach that day, maybe Autumn wouldn't have felt disappointed and she wouldn't have felt lost and... empty as well. If only he went. His dear little Autumn wouldn't start to break like a fragile piece of glass. If only.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How's that for updating? Better than before! We are now very determined to finish this book and I think you guys are too! Our chapters are going to be really any length, as long as it is over 500 words. I hope you guys don't mind! We can't wait to see how you guys react to our story! Please follow, comment and vote and we will see you next chapter! xxxxx ~ Cloud_Queens