~Smile~

I wake up from the sound of the coffee machine. I'm fully stretched out on the couch, then realising that Zach isn't here. Oh, wait, I hear his sweet voice echo from the kitchen. The kitchen? Oh no, I bet mum is telling him really embarrassing stories from my past... I push myself off the couch, rushing to the kitchen while finger brushing my maniac hair.

"Oh! Your finally awake!" mum says cheerfully as she sips on her coffee.

"Good morning," Zach says with his adorable smile lifting the corner of his mouth.

"Hi, Zach..." I say a little embarrassed but with a grin playing on my face.

"I better get going then" Zach explains to my mum then turns to me.

"I'll see you later" he grabs my hand, gently kisses me on the cheek then walks towards the front door.

"Bye, Zach" I already can't wait to see him again. I smile. Zach shut the door behind him while showing his last smile.

"So... did you have fun last night" Mum softly questions me. I pause for a moment still staring at the door. Then burst into conversation.

"Mum it was amazing! He set up a picnic in the forest with lanterns everywhere and the most delicious fruit!" I run out of breath from talking way too fast.

"It sounds wonderful! I'm so happy for you Autumn." Mum smiles at me affectionately.

At School

Mum drops me off at school. Ugh... school. But Zach makes it a whole heap better and actually worth going to. I walk through the doors of misery and into the school halls. I am surrounded by paper pamphlets. I rip one off the wall and read it. School Ball is being held on the 5th of December! I carry on walking, looking on my sides seeing the students chat about this ball and what they are going to wear. I keep walking towards my locker, and I notice a familiar face.

"Hey there stranger, " I say to Zach jokingly

"Hey Autumn" Zach leans in for a kiss while holding both of my hands.

"I was wondering... you wanna go to the School Ball with me?" He looks down for a moment then looks up raising his eyebrows waiting for an answer.

He looks so cute when he does that! Omg! Zach is asking me to the ball! Not the way I expected him to, but what does it matter? I am going to the ball with Zach Evans. The bell rings before I could give him my answer.

"We can carry on this conversation after school" I run to my first class. The whole day I am imagining how Zach and I dance on the dance floor, me hanging my hands over his shoulders, and him holding onto my waist. I then hug him, not wanting to let go. Ok Autumn, this hasn't happened! Wel, at least not yet... I sigh as my mind wanders off. During English, I can't stop thinking about the ball. What will I wear? I have no idea what I am going to wear to the ball! Maybe I could ask Nic- I stop myself, remembering the events that have occurred over the last few weeks. I guess I'm alone on this one then... but I have learnt a few things when being friends with a stylish friend.

Autumn's house

We rock back and forth on my hammock with Zach's arm around my shoulders. This is a new thing me and Zach love doing, just sitting on the hammock next to each other.
"Come with me" Zach turns and says to me.
"Oh, what now?" I ask with a little laugh.
" Don't worry, you'll love it" he answers. He leads me to his car and then starts driving. As he keeps on driving, I start to recognise where we are going.
" Zach, are we going to th-" but I get cut off as Zach says
" No guessing! I want it to be a surprise" he keeps on driving with a smile stuck on his face.
"We're here, " he tells me 5 minutes later. I look up and I see the place where we first kissed. The Jewel blue water against the sand reminds me of the joy I felt with Zach when we first kissed. I get out of the car and walk over to where Zach is. I hold his hand as I ask softly
" why are we here Zach?"
"Wel, I thought, that since you are such a magical person to me, that you should at least deserve a proper romantic way of being asked to the ball. So, Autumn Anderson, will you go to the ball with me?"
I look into Zach's eyes as I give him my answer.
" I wouldn't go with anyone else."