Chapter 9

NOTE:----------> Picture is Aiden's dress. You'll know when to play the song lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homecoming: Part 2 of 2

"I love you, Tanner." Hannah says across the table that Aiden and I are sitting at. We look at each other then back at the lovey dovey couple.

"I love you too, Hannah." He says back and they rub each other's noses together like bunny rabbits or something. I watch as they interlock each other's fingers on the table, and I start to think about if I just grabbed Aiden's hand and held it. I put my elbow on the table, and put my chin in my palm staring at her while she talks with our other friends at the table.. I study her face features picking out every detail. She has the perfect shaped lips. That little stud she always wears, because underneath her lip its pierced is cute, kind of hot too. I stare at her soft, smooth, looking cheek. Without realizing it I start to lean in towards it as if I'm going to literally kiss her cheek.

She starts to turn her head towards my way, and I immediately turn my head the other direction leaning back. I can't believe I was about to kiss her cheek. I'm an idiot. I scratch the back of my neck looking around as my face starts to get hot.

"Kadence?"

"Hmm?" I look to turn my head back towards the table to see who said my name.

"I need to talk to you." Hannah says.

"I'll be right back." I say to Aiden. I get up and walk with Hannah out of the gym. I let the door shut behind us, and I stand in the empty hallway with her.

She plays with her dress for a bit and I raise my eyebrow. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I think I want to sleep with Tanner." She blurts out kind of fast. I cross my arms and stare at her for a bit. "Excuse me?"

"I want to sleep with Tanner. We've been together for over a year, and I feel like it'll be right." She says slower.

I walk to the little table that's set outside the gym. It was where they were asking students to show their tickets. I sit down in the chair and stare at the red table sheet. I look at her confused. "What?"

She sits down next to me. "I feel like it'll be right. He's been so sweet and he's never brought anything like this up before. I'm actually the one who's bringing it up, to you."

"Are you sure this is what you want to do? What if you guys break up?"

"Then he'll be the first and always will be, because I'm in love with him. Look, you know me, I'm not some popular girl who sleeps around with guys and is un-faithful. Tanner is the love of my life."

I put my hand on hers. "You'll do what you feel is right, okay?" I move my hand off of hers. "This is quite a shocker, but it's your life, not mine."

"You've always been my best friend." She puts her arms across my shoulders and hugs me by the side. I smile. "I always will be." I reply.

She lets go of me and gets up. "Okay, let's go back inside and dance our asses off." She giggles. She grabs the door handle and I get up getting near her. She stands there for a moment. She looks back at me before opening the door. "Dance with Aiden when a slow song comes on." My eyes widen to the words that are coming out of her mouth.

I open my mouth looking for words to say.

"You-" I swallow hard still trying to spit out the words I want to say. "You-"