Destruction - Chapter 21 - Acceptance.

Start from the beginning

Overcome by emotion, I can't bring myself to say anything besides. 

"Don't be stupid, you know I wouldn't leave you"

"I think you should" he says. 

"You wouldn't leave me would you ?" I say stonily, that silences him as I grab my bow and hop branch by branch down the tree, I need time to cool down. 

I shoot three rabbits with ease, and see a few deer, I was going to take one down but memories of the dogs are still all too vivid, but the forest feels homely despite what terrors lurk in here, I head back to the tree and hour or two later. Harry's sleeping peacefully and I test his cheek, he's burning up, he seems to get hotter every night.

I sigh and then notice a silver parachute has fallen into his lap, I grab it pulling open the metal capsule.

'Apply generously, he'll be walking in no time - J & J' Jessica (Beth's mum) my mentor, and Jonas Highbridge, Harry's mentor. 

I thank them aloud without meaning to.

I pull up Harry's trouser leg gently, and pull back the bandages pouring the last of the water from my bottle to clear away today's puss and gore from the wound. I wince at the gaping hole, my empty stomach churning, as I rub the balm stuff gently onto it I shiver as I touch the bone, Harry wakes up the pain obviously pulling him out of unconcioussness. 

By then I'm finished, and the wound already looks better. I smile. 

"You're back! I was worried.. wait what are you doing ?" He says. 

"Look what they sent" I say putting the lid on and chucking it to him.

"Feels better already" he says smiling properly for the first in a few days, his dimple showing, I realise it's getting towards evening as I shiver. 

Harry p.o.v

I watch Flora shiver as she guts the rabbit expertly and washes the meat chucking a bit to me, I chew it, I suppose it tastes like cooked rabbit but blander, and alot more chewy. Not unbearable though. 

My ankle does honestly feel better, and it looks better too ...alot better, I pull Flora to me wrapping my arm around her shoulders letting her share my sleeping bag, her arms and neck are goose bump covered, I put my fevered cheek next to hers, she sighs as my weird warmth runs through her too as I place my equally hot hand on her neck. 

"That's nice" she murmers. 

"Shame I'm going to have to get better isn't it ? being a human hot water bottle has it's plus side" I say kissing the top her forehead.

"Even your lips are hot" she murmers.

"So's my body" I say, as I put my lips to hers, she giggles,something I rarely see her do, but her laugh makes me smile. 

"Can't deny that" She says placing a hand on my hot chest where I took my top off at the height of the fever.

Just then the sky lights up. 

It's a beautiful sight, the starry sky, you could easily be fooled but it's the force field manipulated into whatever colour pleases the Game Makers, and there's two cannon shots and the pictures appear, District 6, girl and boy, Savannah and Draco. They must have had an alliance.

"This is quite cool, when we get out, I'm going to have a TV on the ceiling and then it can be painted as a starry sky in our amazing victors village house bedroom!" I say. 

 "Can we have a king bed ?" She laughs. 

"Definitely a king bed, with loads of pillows! and silk covers" I say. 

"But where will this house be ! we come from different districts!" she says.

"Well 12! so you can be with everyone you love... and hunt, and I'll take my loved ones with me"

"And 3 meals a day ?" she asks. I thought suddenly strikes me, she's from district 12 she never had luxuries anywhere near this, and she gave up food so her little brother could eat. 

"Yes, Roast beef! and Apple Crumble!" I exclaim.

"Around a posh dining table!" She replies. 

"With everyone we love!" I say. 

"With, Sophie, and Louis, and Beth, Niall,Hanna,Zayn,Liam and Sabrina! and Ox, Gemma.. Lawrence" she says. 

"With my parents! and your par-" I stop abrubtly, she's silent. 

"Flora.. I'm sorry, I forgot" I say, cursing myself. 

"It's fine... it's not like we can have all this is it" She sighs resting her head on my chest now. 

"We can! we can get out of here together" I say. 

"How ? .... it's impossible, even if we last that long,kill the careers and then it's us, on a stalemate" She whispers. 

" Well.. you can shoot me, and go and have your king bed.. and meet a lovely guy to share it with, and watch the TV on the ceiling, don't forget the TV on the ceiling, or I'll be turning in my grave" I laugh, although I feel like crying. 

"No Harry, don't joke, I don't want to share my king bed with anyone else, and I want to watch the ceiling TV with you.. or..or no one at all" she says, I hold her tighter , trying not to cry. 

"Well.." I lean into her ear and whisper almost silently do we're undetected by camera's. 

"We can die together, then there'll be no victor" I say, as I kiss her forehead, and lie back. 

"Sweet dreams love, we'll soon be in that king bed" I murmer as her breathing slows and she's asleep.