3. Dream

Chapter Three: JJ & Raven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

  " JJ?" I jumped, startled, what happened?

Raven was standing a few feet ahead of me, looking concerned.

" Are you okay...? Your just standing there." He said slowly

" Oh yeah, i'm fine." We continued walking.

I had imagined it all. I walked with my head slightly down. I can't believe I would imagine such a thing! With my best friend no less! As we approached his house he turned to look at me. His expression looked pained.

" Uhm... JJ, I-I think you should ask that person to the prom. Maybe it will work out... You never know unless you try..." He didn't look at me while he spoke.

I didn't say anything, He looked up at me, saddness in his eyes. He turned and ran into his house.

What was that all about? I thought to myself when I got back to my house. I sat at my desk. Maybe I should tell him how I really feel... But that would ruin his regained respect from the town. I could never do that to him. I had to keep this my secret. My darkest secret.

 Raven

The next morning at school JJ acted a little out of sorts. When I tried asking him what was wrong he just made a nervous laugh and said he was fine then bolted.

"Hmph, looks like he's lost interest in being your friend." Brittany, the cheerleader who hates me, chuckled that day at lunch.

I didn't even look at her, just ignored her.

" What I don't get is how you've become nearly more popular than ME! It's like sooo impossible! Your just an emo!" Just mocked at me in a super preppy voice." I am also so suprised that you have managed to keep a friend like JJ for so long, he's like, almost the hottest guy here!" She continued to banter on and on about JJ, I was getting really annoyed and just then, the windows of the cafeteria shattered, they blew right into the room. Everyone was screaming and running, escaping the place. Brittany and her group were just screeching and I, was frozen stiff. What happened!? I tried moving, but the minute I tried I was in searing pain. I looked to my left, I was laying on the floor, shards of glass pierced my skin and ripped my cloths. I saw blood everywhere and no one in sight. Didn't anyone notice me here? I was so out of it, I couldn't feel the pain with out really moving. The room danced around me and voices were a blur. I could just hear my time being called. A moment later a shape was hovering over me. I could barely notice that it was JJ and the principle.

" Call 911!!" People yelled

" Raven! Can you hear me?" It was JJ who was speaking.

I tried to tell him I could hear him, but the pain began to grow, the next thing I heard and saw were flashing lights and a siren, then, nothing. Everything was black.

******

When I opened my eyes again I saw a white ceiling and florencent lights. I was in the hospital. Bandages were wrapped around my arms and legs and chest. There was a bowl of water sitting on the side table. My eyes were still a little blury but when they went into focus I could see JJ and my parents sitting there. My parents just sat there and JJ had his head in his hands. He was quivering. 

"J-JJ..." I managed to whisper just loud enough they all heard me

" Raven!" JJ bolted to me so fast

He took my hand into his, I could see that his eyes were glassy.

" I was so scared that you wouldnt make it..." He stuttered, being brave not to cry.

I put my other hand over his and cringed. It hurt.

Mom and dad stood behind JJ. Not a single tear. Not even red eyes from crying before. I looked away from them. Ever since I changed they couldn't careless about me. They were never home, always working. I can't say I love them anymore. Since they don't care about me, they don't even pay attention to Kylie anymore.

The doctor and nurses came in and ran some tests. They told my parents that the wounds were deep but that they had gotten all the glass shards out and the wounds would heal but would leave a couple scars. Now, normal parents would cry at news like that, but mine, not even a sad sigh escaped there lips. Only JJ seemed to really care, because when the doctor said they'd heal he smiled, but when the doc said it would leave scars his smile faded and he looked at me and continued to hold my hand.

Oh JJ... I wish I could tell you... I love you so much... But I cannot... It will be my darkest secret....