6. Judgement

Chapter Six: Raven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 I got up the next morning to the sound of my cellphone. Grogily, I looked at who it was. JJ. I opened the message and read it.

Hey, Lets walk 2 school 2gether, meet you in 10? ok?

I smiled to myself and texted back:

Ok.

I got dressed in a white button-up and black ripped jeans. I pulled a dark grey toque over my head and pulled on my red hightops. Waving goodbye to my sister I waited outside for JJ. He showed up right as I closed the door behind me.

" Hey." He said in a way he's never spoken before.

" Hey, how are you?" I didn't know what to say, because of last night.

" I'm good. Wanna stop by the park since we'll have time to kill?" he asked

I nodded and we deeced into the park. We sat on the edge of the fountain and just talked. He didn't mention anything about the kiss or telling me he loved him... Is it no big deal to him? Am I just acting like a kid and making a big deal about it?

" Rave." He says and I turn to look at him and,

Kiss

He gives me a quick kiss and gets up.

" C'mon, we should go now." He holds out his hand to me and I take it. We walk to school like this. I'm glad he isn't embarrassed to be seen with me like this. I admit, I am a little nervous about what our friends will think.

When we get to school, eyes immediatly turn to us. Whispers rocket through the room. But we just keep walking. I look at everyone slightly. Our friends were happy and smiling for us. Apparently they always suspected something between JJ and I.

I waited for JJ at lunch. He had been called in to help the teacher with something. I sat at our usual table outside. Some students from a diffrent class started to approach me and I got nervous.

" You Raven?" One said

I avoided eye contact and didn't reply.

" Oh yeah, it's him alright." The other said

" So, I heard from Brittany you stole her boyfriend JJ."

'What!? She and JJ have NEVER gone out!!'

"Thats low y'know. Stealing some innocent girls man from her." There 'leader' says

I continue to pay them no attention until it pisses them off.

"HEY!!! I'M TALKIN' TO YA!!!" He yells and pulls me out of my seat and tosses me on the ground hard.

I wince at the pain from the healing cuts. I stagger to my feet, just to get knocked down again. Everyone else is just watching. Not caring. Most look away or leave without saying anything.

He lifts me so easily up into the air and punches me in the stomach so hard a spit-up blood on the ground.

"Ugh..."

I try to get back up but I can't. The cut on my chest starts pounding with pain and I can barely breath. The guys snicker and walk past me. The last one to leave kicks me again and i'm left out there all alone. No one stays. And there aren't any windows around for teachers to see. The bell rings and no one comes.

*********

I lay there, unable to move, breathing hard to get the slightest bit of air into me. I try reaching for my phone, my fingers just tap the top of the phone. I manage to get it out and speed dial JJ. It rings a few times before he answers it.

" Raven? Where are you? Class has started!" He says the moment he answers

I open my mouth but nothing comes out. If I know JJ he'll know somethings wrong if I call but say nothing. I can hear his voice on the other end.

" Raven? Where are you? Are you okay?" He sounds panicked

" Ms. R I gotta go find Raven." I hear him say

Ms R tries to tell him to stay, that she's sure i'm just skipping! I'd never skip if I  didn't have a reason.

Beeeeep.... He hung up. I know he'll find me...

It seems like I only live for pain. I can't escape it no matter what. Just laying here in pain, unable to move my body because of the pain, I try thinking about how that glass just shattered... Glass doesn't just shatter with such impact like that...

" RAVEN!!!" I hear JJ shout

" Dammit Raven, why does something bad always happen when i'm not here?" He curses as he picks me up

He takes me to the nurses office, death glaring to the students who were laughing as we past.

The nurse went completly bolistic when she saw me. She immediatly told the principle what happened. I unfortunatly had to go BACK to the hospital. But thank goodness I didn't have to stay long. Only two days.

"Raven... I'm so sorry. Whenever i'm not with you something terrible happens to you." JJ tells me " Now your back in the hospital. If I was there I wouldn't have let them do this to you."

I gently place my hand on the side of his face, wiping the tears away from his eyes. " It's not your fault. It's mine. I should've left the moment they came over to me."

JJ just shook his head. " No, this is Brittany's fault. Whenever she's involved you get hurt." JJ is really mad. I can tell by his expression and tone.

I curl my fingers around the back up his neck. " Don't worry about it. It's a coincidence, it's not like she's some freaky witch." I laugh at the last part but then stop.

We both thought the same thing at the same time. We looked at eachother.

" Witch? Brittany always being involved, then you get hurt. The window breaking, she was there." JJ indicated

No way, witch's don't exist!

JJ's eyes changed. He looked more shocked.

" What's wrong JJ?"

He got up and walk to the window. He looked confused.

" Raven, I have to tell you something. It may sound a little crazy."