13. The Dark Ones

Chapter Thirteen: Raven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As morning came we rounded up our troupes and got them in position for battle. Some were nervous and some were excited. As for me, I was both. 

We went over the battle plans one last time. We received the signal that the other troupes have been aligned properly. We waited for awhile. When we saw the fire lit we knew that they were here.

" Remember, Your not dying in vain. But in honor. You will be remembered in everyone's memories in hearts. Fight to your limit for this world!" 

The sun rose and as it rose, we saw the Dark Ones approaching. I took a deep breath and lined up beside Maikin and JJ. The Dark One's leader came up a little closer and demanded we handed over our lands and riches or we would die. Of course we refused.

" Don't die now." JJ said with a chuckle

" As if. You would totally die with me." I shot back with a smile

 The Dark Ones didn't hold back any longer. The charged at us quickly. Our spears killed most of the first and second line. I wanted to face their leader head on. Without anyone else helping. They seemed to enjoy killing us off. Though more of them died than us.

I scanned the battle field in search of JJ, but I couldn't see him. I rode around and still no luck. 

" Maikin! Have you seen where JJ has gone to?" I called

" No Your Highness!" He replied 

I turned around to look again. But in the split second I was knocked of my horse. I scrambled back up to face my opponent. He was completely shrouded in black. As he lunged forward I could feel his breath against my face. I blocked him and did a turn around. 

I used the tricks that Maikin had taught us. When I cut him down and turned for my horse but he was gone. Dammit. It wasn't save down here. The again, I could get the Dark Ones who rode horse back. 

I slipped under the Dark One's noses easily. Striking each one down without a big effort. Don't get to cocky Raven. I told myself. As I fought, I kept an eye out for JJ. He's fine. I thought over and over. 

When I noticed a loose horse I quickly went into action and flipped up onto it's back. From there I scanned the area and saw JJ. He was fine, I knew he had been. 

" You Highness!! Look to the horizon!" A commander shouted 

I looked and saw something no one wants to see. The enemy with reinforcements. And BIG reinforcements. Giants! Literally!! I made the signal for the mountain troupes to get into action. We needed everyone to fight now. 

By noon the battle was still going. We knew this could go on for days! But we wanted this over as soon as possible! Our people were back at the kingdoms worrying. Who was alive and who was dead? Fire arrows rained down onto the Dark Ones. The Giants were our biggest worry. Most of us were being killed by them. Some ground archers were attacking and bringing them down with ease. But more and more showed up. 

C'mon. We can do this! I am determined to win this war! Our people are relying on us to prevail in this war. And we would. Swords clashed. Bodies fell. and the sun began to set. 

I counted five giants. No more had come for a long time. I presumed they were done. The Dark Leader. I had to find him! I wanted to end his life myself. This is all him who has done this. If he falls, all of them fall. Who can go on without a leader? 

I rushed through the battle field, only to be suddenly stopped by a Dark One. Bigger than the rest, but not the leader. His grimacing smile made me shudder. He neared me and his sword cut along my left arm. 

The pain shot through my whole body. I had been nicked by a sword before, but this was a full blown cut. But the searing pain was like poison. Soon I felt my arm go a little numb, barely being able to move it. 

I looked back up at the Dark One but he wasn't there. 

" Raven behind you!" JJ yelled

I quickly ducked and whipped around. There he was. I tried moving my left arm but no luck. Good thing I wasn't left handed. I fought with only my right arm. It wasn't easy but I did it. 

We were all doing great. I wanted to see how many were dead, but I refused to look down even for a second. Don't lose concentration. I felt my head go dizzy from the cut. Was there actual poison on that? 

A numbing agent. I thought

I couldn't let anyone know. They'd make me stop fighting and I couldn't do that until the Dark Leader was dead. My eyes went hazy. Where was he? Red cloak. Look for a red cloak. 

When I spotted a blurry red figure I rode over, clearing my vision. There we was. I sped up and charged towards him. He was just standing there on a hill. Not even fighting! I tried sneaking up around him but it didn't work. 

He put his arm out and got my in the stomach. What the hell? How was that possible!? I got up and lunged towards him, just getting his side with my sword, cloak ripping slightly. What was he under that cloak? 

My curiosity got the better of me. I had to know now! I went for the top of his hood but he dodged me and knocked me down again. 

" Give up Prince. You'll never take me down." He said with a horrendous laugh 

I staggered to me feet and was blown down again with a sheathed sword. What IS HE?! To knock we down so easily without a single bit of effort! 

" Džin." He says in some other language 

At this call a giant crosses over the hill to him. He points to me and mounts and horse and goes into the battle. The giant looks down at me. I try getting up but limp back down to the ground. My side ached so badly I couldn't move. 

The battle was spreading around, our mountain soldiers were having to come down to help us down here. In seconds we were surrounded by the battle. With all the commotion I thought I could get up. 

The giant kicked me back and leaned over me. I had to get away! But I couldn't! The numbing in my arm spread throughout the rest of my body. I need... to get up...