8. Run for Our Lives

Chapter Eight: Raven

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

" Okay, first things first, we have to get Zoey to Laura's house." JJ says while driving

"What?! No way! I can't leave you! We have no idea what's going on!" Zoey cries

" Zoey! I know what's going on! No questions! Your going to Laura's! I'm sure Laura's mother will let you stay." JJ replies feircly

Zoey doesn't reply, knowing she won't win this one. When we reach Laura's, Zoey gets her suitcase and rings ther doorbell. Laura's mom answers and Zoey tells her half the story. She invites Zoey in and that's when we leave, making sure Laura's mom didn't see us.

" So, where are we going?" I ask

"Picton. It's the next town, we'll get a hotel there and figure out what we're doing.

I don't say anything else. I know he'll get us there safely.

I watch as we drive by houses i've known all my life, now we have to start over, and who knows where we will end up, how things will go on this bizzare 'adventure', all I know is i'm glad to be will JJ.

When we finally reach Picton we find a hotel and check in a room. We take turns showering. When I get out of the show JJ is studying a map of Ontario. We go over where we're going. He hasn't told me where we are going though.

I get up and walk to the window and look at Picton from there. It's quite nice. In the window reflection I see JJ come up behind me. He wraps his body around mine and puts his hand over mine.

" We'll be okay." He reassures me

" I know i'll be safe as long as im with you." I reply quietly, turning to face him.

JJ kisses my cheek and goes down to my neck. He wraps his arms around me and we fall onto the bed. He kisses me soft, but then harder. I get all hot as he kisses me. He runs his hand down my side and begins to unbotton my shirt. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer into me.  

Wait! We can't be doing THIS! We're on the run for our lives and we don't know why or where we are going!

I push JJ away and pull my shirt together. He looks at me confusingly.

" We can't do this now, we need to know what's going on and where we need to really go..." I tell him

He sits back on the bed. " Your right..."

When I go to bed that night, JJ stays up and calls Zoey. I assume she's freaking out because I hear him trying to calm her down. He tells her everything will turn out alright. When he eventually goes to bed it's around midnight.

Two hours later we recieve a loud awakening. Loud noises boom through the halls, people scream and run. We bolt out of bed and look out the door. This time there are more of the cloaked figures.

" We know they are here!!" One yells as he hoists the manager up into the air. We grab our bags and make a beline to the fire exit.

" Where are they!? Who was last to check-in!?" The figure bellows.

The manager shakily points to our room. The figures bang the door down in a second. The search the room but we're already outside and getting into the car. 

" What's going on JJ!? Did my mother say anything more than RUN?!" I questioned.

" No. But I wish she had of!" JJ replies, a little shaken up from what just happened.