14. Lost Love

Chapter Fourteen: JJ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 " Maikin! How are we doing?" I call 

Maikin turns to face me on his horse.

" Very well sir! I think we may actually win this!" 

I laugh " Of course we will!!" 

This was going to be a closed deal soon. We would win and send the Dark Ones back to their... Umm... Well, where ever it was they came from!!! 

I looked down at my armor. It was stained with blood. Dead bodies were laying on the blood soaked grass. Swords locked into bodies, ripping apart. 

I noticed someone struggling. I looked closer, it was our youngest solider, Totomis. Just a child who had snuck into our camp. I went to him quickly. 

Blocking his on comer with my sword I looked at him. Giving him the 'get out of here' look. And he did. I finished off the Dark One by slicing him through the chest to the neck. 

Blood gushed everywhere, landing on my face. I hated this. I wanted it to end. I don't want to kill anyone. But if it's to save a world I barely knew existed, a world I was born in, I would fight to the death. 

I hope that Raven is doing well. It seemed like we were winning. No more giants were coming, or any other Dark Ones, and the remaining Dark Ones were dropping like flies. 

We had to capture the Dark Leader and kill him. Then this battle would be over.  Ear piercing screeches were heard over head. We looked up and saw huge black ravens coming from the Dark Forest. But on our side, Gold Eagles came to our aide. 

Animals ran up behind us, attacking the Dark Ones. Our one ally that hadn't shown up was here now. The Animals of the South and there king and human soldiers. 

" Good to see you Your Majesty." I said when there king rode up beside me

" Sorry we are late." 

I shook my head. " No problem." 

The Dark Ones were taken by surprised, they began panicking and some fled. 

" Do not flee you cowards!!!" A booming voice yelled

We all turned to it. The Dark Leader. He totally just gave himself away. I noticed Raven approaching the Dark Leader. Get him Raven. I know you can do it easily. 

I turned my back for at least ten minutes before seeing one more giant come over the hill to the Dark Leader. I was no where near Raven so I couldn't help. I knew some one closer would help if need be. 

The battle began spreading around and engulfed Raven, the giant and the Dark Leader. No one seemed to even notice them. 

Just then, I saw the Dark Leader's Giant hovering over Raven. I didn't move of a minute. What was happening? Is Raven okay? Is he up or down? 

(now listen to Untitled by Simple Plan)

" Sir! It's Raven!!!" Maikin yelled in distress " We tried saving him but the Giant killed the men trying to help!" 

Raven!!! I began riding through everyone but something spooked the horse and I was kicked off, flying backwards, even further away from Raven. 

I sat up, trying to shake off the dizziness. Everything before my eyes was a blurry mess. Everything was doubling. Ugh. Shake it off! I told myself. Raven needs you!

I got up to my feet and unsheathed my sword, slicing down the Dark Ones so I could get to Raven. Hurry up JJ! Get to him!! He needs you! I pushed past soldiers and animals, Hurry up!!! I kept telling myself. 

Right now, I didn't care about anyone else except Raven. Raven, Please be okay, I'm trying! Soldiers looked at me confused, I ignored them and kept going. 

Before I could get to him, I stopped. The Giant picked him up around his neck and held him up as high as he could. Raven was kicking, trying to free himself. Trying to slice the Giant's hands with his sword. 

* Clatter* 

His sword feel to the ground and the Giant dropped him. He landed on the ground hard. I gritted my teeth, screaming his name. I felt like I was the only one there, everything seemed to be moving so slowly. 

This time I really brought down the enemies in my way. I had to kill that giant! I finally got to the giant and jumped up and held onto his sword strap, climbing up. 

I stabbed him in the back, blood flowing out as he made loud shriek. Tears rimmed my eyes. Kill him. He hurt Raven!! Kill him! I got up to his shoulder and slice my sword across his neck as hard as I could. 

Bringing down my sword on his shoulder and the giant flailed around, trying to toss me off. I wouldn't be taken down so easily! Some archers ran to the giant but I stopped them. I had to do this on my own. 

With one last stab in his head, the giant fell to the ground with a boom. Dust sprayed everywhere. I jumped off his back, landing perfectly. I twisted around and rushed to Raven's side. His breathing was so shallow I could barely tell he was breathing at all until I felt his hand on mine. 

" J-JJ..." He tried saying

I looked at him. Oh god... No.... This cannot be happening! Don't die Raven... 

" Don't worry.... Y-Your okay. It'll be fine. We can get you to some doctors. Your going to be okay." I told him, my voice wavering from choking back tears. 

He tried to say something but couldn't he went limp in my arms and closed his eyes. I froze. Staring at him, waiting for him to move. 

" R-Raven?" I tightened my grip on him. " No Raven, don't die on me!!! Raven!" Tears streamed down my face. 

No no no.... Why Raven? Why is it always the good people!? Why couldn't I have died instead?! I Laid his head down on the grass. I lifted my head. My eyes searching for the Dark Leader. He was next. This is all because of him!!! He's why Raven is dead!!!

I got up and took Raven's sword. I'll kill him with Raven's blade. I'll cut him it pieces until there's nothing left of him. I would avenge Raven's death. 

I saw him standing off to the side again. That coward. And he called on his people? He's not even fighting! What good leader does that!? I wanted to take him by surprise. I stuck up a mountain path, so I was just above him. 

Don't worry Raven. I will win this battle for you. 

I jumped through the air, landing swiftly behind the Dark Leader. He whipped around but I got him across the chest before he could even take his sword out. 

" Ah. Commander. Here to avenge your lover?" he cackled 

I glared at him and tightened my grip on Raven's sword. I lunged forwards but he dodged me. I turned back to him immediately and cut his arm, his cloak falling from him, rumpling to the ground. 

I switched my eyes back up to him. Ack! He was hideous!!! Scars all over his face. Mangled skin and eyes. It was a sickening sight. Here's another reason to kill him quickly, so I didn't have to look at him. 

I raised the sword and jumped towards him, his bloodshot eyes going wide. My sword going through him until the tip showed on the other side. 

Pulling the sword out, he fell to his knees, the collapsed. He was dead... I did it... We won!!

" Leader!!" The Dark Ones yelled 

The went array, not knowing what to do. It was our soldiers chance to kill them. Only a few of the Dark Ones escaped. We didn't go after them. There wasn't any point in it. 

I stumbled back over to our army. Maikin stepped forward, asking what they should do with our fallen soldiers.

" Collect them all, try to identify them and enshrine them in the Warriors Temple graveyard." I said blankly

I fell down in front of Raven's body. My eyes glazed over with tears. I put my hand on his face and went down. Blacking out. Raven... Why.... My one and only love.... Why did you have to die like this...?